We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is Sun Village Exactly?

Singapore
1 post
Save Topic
Where is Sun Village Exactly?

i am interested in going w my hubby and kids to this sun village esort which i've read about here. only problem is, there seem to be 2 mentioned:

The Sun Village *South* Beachfront Resort / and The Sun Village *Central* Beachfront Resort .

-The Sun Village *Central* Beachfront Resort (..."on white beach"?) which my travel agent is offering. read somewhere to hv 8rooms?

i've looked up "sun village" on the street-by-street map mentioned here. it's apparently at the 2360m mark...which seems to put it in the busy part of white beach around station2? am i correct?

question1:

is the above the same place as mentioned in this forum? ie meant to be on a quieter stretch of wide beach towards e south, no touts/ loud music etc, but within 15min walk of that part?

...or is this something diff?... it certainly sounds diff to me :)

-The Sun Village *South* Beachfront Resort. (app on Angol beach?) ...app has 20 rooms?

question2:

- so is there another Sun Village further south towards station3? if so, please let me know at what mark, or what other shops/restaurants/accom is located near to it, to give me an idea of e exact location.

-do i make sense? am just very confused as i nd to book quickly but i dont want to end up with my young kids in the bz noisy area...

please help!

thks in advance,

el

Boracay Island
Level Contributor
1,900 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where is Sun Village Exactly?

You want to go to Sun Village South in angol, which is a quiet part of the beach. From there it's a 30 minutes walk along the beach to Sun Village central, which is in the busy part of the White Beach, next to the D'Mall.

There are not too many restaurants around Sun Village South. However: you must make the decision yourself: being on the more quiet part of the beach with less restaurants or being at the busy part of the beach, with many, many restaurants within 5 min waling distance.

If you want a quiet place which is near to the busy part, then you will have to look for another resort to stay in.

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where is Sun Village Exactly?

Sun Village South has closed down, which is a shame as it was a nice place. Sun Village Central is located next to Bom Bom Bar and Pats Creek Bar (named after the smelly creek which runs off into the sea next to there) in the busy party area. Possibly not so great with kids as it could be very noisy round there until the early hours and I wouldn't fancy swimming around that creek!

3. Re: Where is Sun Village Exactly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 22:49