We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat from Maasin to Bohol

Bangkok
1 post
Save Topic
Boat from Maasin to Bohol

Dear All,

I am new to this board and I have a question for my upcoming trip.

I will be staying at Sogod Bay and I am looking for a boat or ferry around the area (Padre Burgos, Maasin, or Hilongos) to get to Bohol. Can anyone please help me figure out the best way to get from Sogod Bay to Bohol?

Thank you everyone

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat from Maasin to Bohol

www.padreburgoscastle.com/getting-here.htm

Indiana
Level Contributor
43 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat from Maasin to Bohol

Daily ferry serves Aguining and Pitogo on PCG Island, which is part of Bohol. this ferry then goes onward to Ubay. RORO serves Ubay from Bato Leyte. Visayas Breeze Resort has a big banca rated 3 tonnes that you can private hire for less than 2,ooo pesos. it is one hour from ubay to maasin.

Philippines
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat from Maasin to Bohol

There are daily services from Maasin, Bato and Hilongos to Ubay, Bohol. The service from Maasin is a car ferry and leaves Maasin at 7.30pm. From Bato and Hilongos, there are several bancas departing morning and afternoon. Unless you have a car, the nicest service is the Leopard boat which departs from Hilongos at 9.00am and 1.30pm. Whichever way you go, the crossing takes around 3 hours.

4. Re: Boat from Maasin to Bohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2011, 10:45