We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which bus and where to Batangas Pier, HELP!

sydney
Level Contributor
33 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
which bus and where to Batangas Pier, HELP!

please!!! i'll be in Pasay area, which bus terminal shall i go going to Batangas Pier at about 8 - 9 in the morning...and which booth shall i purchase a boat to white sand? thnks

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: which bus and where to Batangas Pier, HELP!

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g298573-i3261-k348…

London, United...
Level Contributor
331 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which bus and where to Batangas Pier, HELP!

I used JAM bus from their terminal in Buendia (north Pasay). I think JAC (over the road) go there also. Ask for Batangas City Pier. Buses about every 30 mins.

The first time I went, we used Blue Penguin boat direct to White Beach. but the schedules may have changed now... there are about 5 booths there at Batangas City Pier next to each other. The second time we used MSL, stopped at Puerto Galera pier first then White Beach. Plenty of people will try to sell you tickets there... just don't go to Sabang if you want White Beach.

As usual in the Philippines, it's easy when you do it, you'll be fine.

sydney
Level Contributor
33 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which bus and where to Batangas Pier, HELP!

Deeen, thank you for the correct info I did took JAM bus and MSL boat... for those planning to go be careful with fixers at Batangas pier... Thanks again

Phuket
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which bus and where to Batangas Pier, HELP!

Hi So from what i can gather reading the comments is you can just turn up at one of the bus depots in Manila with buses leaving regularly to Batangas Pier and then ferries to white beach no need for prior booking.

Traveling in mid March and cant decide on a destination as yet, whilst originally looking at Boracay it seems very touristy will probably still head there for a few days but would like to try somewhere else as well and PG looks good for diving. Any comments on travelling to PG and which bus or ferry service to take.

CHeers

sydney
Level Contributor
33 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which bus and where to Batangas Pier, HELP!

Zed_10, went there last August 2011 yep no booking for the bus and boat...just warning you of fixers at Batangas Pier....queue for yourself paying - 1)terminal fee 2)ticket fare for the boat( i like MSL)....have fun!

Phuket
Level Contributor
37 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which bus and where to Batangas Pier, HELP!

Thanks any recommendation on accomodation when you were there, would like a nice beach area and all the comments point to White Beach but for diving says stay in Sabang, whats your view.

Cheers

Zed

Macau, China
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: which bus and where to Batangas Pier, HELP!

Yes definitely go to Sabang for diving it is closest to all the dive sites and dive shops....its easy to visit white beach if you take a day off from diving or small laguna beach which is only 15 minutes walk from Sabang.

London
Level Contributor
42 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: which bus and where to Batangas Pier, HELP!

2 options - JAM transit liner or BLTB have the most frequent buses - they go direct to Batangas pier. More info here - http://wikitravel.org/en/Puerto_Galera

From the pier, take the next ferry to Puerto Galera - Sabang or white beach which ever you want to go to (all boats do not go to both places - check before you board!) Father and son boat company has most number of boats.

Boats are not so frequent - one every 2 hours. Last boat leaves at 4 pm. However, the boats almost always goo full (about 150 passengers - yes, it is a BIG bangka!)

9. Re: which bus and where to Batangas Pier, HELP!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 06:45