We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New hotels: Crimson Resort (Mactan); B Hotel (Alabang)

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,671 posts
1,968 reviews
Save Topic
New hotels: Crimson Resort (Mactan); B Hotel (Alabang)

It is good news that there is now a spate of new hotels opening in the Philippines. They create employment and encourage foreign and domestic tourists to experience something new.

At my behest TA has just added Crimson Resort and Spa, Mactan Island, Cebu (it looks to be a fairly luxurious resort) and in the next day or so will add the soon-to-open three star B Hotel, Alabang, Muntinlupa ('outer suburb' of Manila) to the TA database. The latter is associated with the more expensive Bellevue Hotel in Alabang.

If anyone stays at these establishments it would be great of they could be formally reviewed through the TA 'write a review' fearure on the TA home page. Hotel H2O's Luneta, Manila 'soft opening' was only a couple of months ago, but already a number of YTA users have kindly contributed reviews.

Cebu's Radission Blu hotel will not now open until September 2010 at the earliest from what I read. The three-star Remington Hotel at Resorts World Manila (opposite NAIA Terminal 3) seems to be a long way off from opening, as does the Hong Kong Plaza hotel in Cebu City opposite Ayala Center. Similarly the Eton development in Makati will not open 'tomorrow.'

Which other new Filipino hotels or resorts will beat these to the punch?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,498 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New hotels: Crimson Resort (Mactan); B Hotel (Alabang)

Thanks Victorianlad for this info. I might check out B Hotel as I live near Madrigal Business Park Alabang.

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New hotels: Crimson Resort (Mactan); B Hotel (Alabang)

Hello, i have heard a lot about the Crimson Resort and Spa, have not had a chance to check it out yet. I will do that soon and let TA readers know what I find out..

3. Re: New hotels: Crimson Resort (Mactan); B Hotel (Alabang)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 June 2010, 22:35
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,138 posts
1,505 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New hotels: Crimson Resort (Mactan); B Hotel (Alabang)

1 post. Is this self promotion? Sounds and reads like it!!!!

Tommo

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,671 posts
1,968 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New hotels: Crimson Resort (Mactan); B Hotel (Alabang)

If the above spiel is the result of a genuine, first-person stay that was not paid for by the hotel but by the individual or his or her company or business name, then the contributor ought to post it in the TA 'write a review' section as this will allow Crimson Resort to be given a TA popularity ranking.

However Tommo may well be right.

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New hotels: Crimson Resort (Mactan); B Hotel (Alabang)

Well that was for sure a real informative and detailed account of the hotel. i will have some time next week, i will go there and check it out... Not sure i will get to stay overnight, maybe later, but i will see what its like in general...

The part that said " Goes to show how creative and world-class our kababayans are in furniture-making! " is the one that made me scratch my head...

If this is a legitimate post, then the Crimson should consider hiring this guy for PR and Marketing work....

But anyways, time will tell. They are sure doing a lot of advertising around Mactan and on The Net.... I will let everyone know soon my opinion. ( For what that is worth.)

Edited: 22 June 2010, 22:06
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,138 posts
1,505 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New hotels: Crimson Resort (Mactan); B Hotel (Alabang)

Justice was done and the post removed.

Tommo

8. Re: New hotels: Crimson Resort (Mactan); B Hotel (Alabang)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2010, 10:48