We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question regard visa?

2 posts
question regard visa?
Save

I plan visit Philippines to see my fiancée for 28 days.am i required to get visa?

13 replies to this topic
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
8,805 posts
27 reviews
65 helpful votes
1. Re: question regard visa?
Save

As a foreigner you are not allowed to enter the Philippines unless you are married to a filipino or fall into a number of other categories such as permanent resident, diplomat etc.

When covid restrictions are lifted be it next year, this year or the year after depending on your nationality if things return to as before you may be entitled to enter visa free for 30 days extendable to 3 years eg |UK, US . Oz, EU or with a visa such as India.

2 posts
2. Re: question regard visa?
Save

i read the information from embassy and it says more than 30 days are required to get visa before visit Philippines and 30 days less without visa.if you have vacinated during pandemic to visit any countries but unvacinnated they will not let you board the plan.think about it

LDN
Level Contributor
139 posts
1 review
3. Re: question regard visa?
Save

They suspended the visa free entry that you mention last year. Without a 9a visa you will not be getting on the plane.

Meet in a different country and get married. That's what I'm doing next month. As soon I have registered our marriage I will be applying for a 9a visa so I can go to PH.

Panay Island...
Level Contributor
840 posts
79 reviews
42 helpful votes
4. Re: question regard visa?
Save

No one can really answer what the rules will be. Right now the PIs is closed to tourists. You are not getting in unless you are married (there are some exceptions, but most people do not qualify).

After the PIs opens for tourists, then we can see what the rules are. Anything right now is pretty much just conjecture. No one knows when it will reopen. I suspect it will be another year... but that is just a guess... 😎

Palawan Island...
Level Contributor
13,838 posts
946 reviews
320 helpful votes
5. Re: question regard visa?
Save

Forget seeing your fiancee, better she find someone else than wait for years for you to return here

Level Contributor
370 posts
7 reviews
5 helpful votes
6. Re: question regard visa?
Save

Harsh #5 - but true

Romblon Island...
Level Contributor
145 posts
7. Re: question regard visa?
Save

Post #3.......What country are you and your friend getting married, couldn't you just get some kind of Fiance visa for her so that she can travel to your country to get married, then you could both return to the Philippines for whatever duration you require.

Post #6.......Poster 5 might have been harsh, but this is the reality of how things work these days, especially for those foreigners intending to marry a Filipino lady, either in the Philippines, or elsewhere.

COVID has changed every single aspect of our lives, including travel, unfortunately.

Lake Sebu...
Level Contributor
25 posts
33 reviews
91 helpful votes
8. Re: question regard visa?
Save

Barret B needs to reveal where he is located and which is the country where he has his passport from. Depending on the answer, even the job situation of his girlfriend and the question if she traveled on a touristic journey outside the country before might be important as the Philippines don't allow any its citizens just to leave the country. Depending on the answers, marrying already can be difficult enough even at times without a worldwide pandemic. And the political situation in Hong Kong - a prime marriage destination for many of those who needed to overcome obstacles in order to get married - surely didn't make things easier.

Edited: 27 August 2021, 17:56
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
8,805 posts
27 reviews
65 helpful votes
9. Re: question regard visa?
Save

#7 #8 OP

read the posts about "offloading" - there are a few hundred mainly women intercepted at NAIA and refused permission to leave the country if there is a suspicion that the person may be being trafficked.

I would assume to leave the country to meet someone you have only met online is highly unlikely and also for most developed countries unlikely to get a visa - for example in the UK where cousin marriages within the pakistani community are common it is a requirement the fiancees have already met before being alloweed entry.

Romblon Island...
Level Contributor
145 posts
10. Re: question regard visa?
Save

@ Post #9................Things must have changed quite a lot since back in my days when i met my now Filipino partner in 1989 while she was in Sydney as a travel companion for her elderly grandmother (aged 70 at the time)

Back in those days a Fiance visa for the Filipino woman to enter Australia to get married was easy to get, and the man and woman did not have to meet first, they just had to provide proof of an ongoing relationship for at least 6 months or more (provide letters to each other, affidavits from relatives etc) and there was a condition that they must get married within 90 or 180 days (from memory)

My partner returned home when her special compassionate visa expired, she flew back to Sydney on the fiance visa 3 months later, and we married in Sydney 3 months after that.

COVID most likely changed the way things work now as well.

Reply to: question regard visa?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Philippines
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.