We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inside Japan Tours: What was your experience like?

Chicago
1 post
1 review
Inside Japan Tours: What was your experience like?

We're Americans using this British company to plan our travel to Japan (we're doing a self-guided tour). Has anyone a story to share about their experiences with this company?

Tobishima Island
Sightseeing Tours
Daiichi Kotsu
Sightseeing Tours
Japan Wonder Travel
Historical & Heritage Tours
London
2 posts
1. Re: Inside Japan Tours: What was your experience like?

We used Inside Japan Tours to book part of our trip to Japan (we booked flights and Tokyo hotels ourselves) and they were excellent. The info pack they provide is very helpful (better than any of the guidebooks) and their restaurant recommendations were top-notch. They sorted our rail passes and all other transport inside Japan and recommended a great Ryokan and suggested tour in Hakone. Only slip up was they had forgotten to send us the return tickets for the limo-bus to the airport, but they ensured the tickets were waiting for us at our last hotel once we'd alerted them to the problem.

Boston, MA
3 posts
1 review
2. Re: Inside Japan Tours: What was your experience like?

Just wondering if you ever ended up using Inside Japan Tours. If so, how was your trip? Did you do one of their guided tours or did you choose to guide yourselves around Japan?

3. Re: Inside Japan Tours: What was your experience like?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2010, 20:02
4. Re: Inside Japan Tours: What was your experience like?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 19:04
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
396 posts
66 reviews
5. Re: Inside Japan Tours: What was your experience like?

Glad this topic has resurfaced.. we just got our information packet from them and are trying to make our decisions and if that will include Inside Japan Tours. Everything in the information packet looks great! Some initial questions:

1) Suggestions on which trip to take? We are definitley interested in Kyoto and probably more traditional tours. My husband is interested in seeing some samauri / sword making / geisha / hotspring / bath houses / etc. - whatever we can do related to that.

2) We are thinking of October - good time and does this affect which tour to take?

3) Individual vs. group tours? We are leaning towards individual - ok for people who know no Japanese?

4) Cost of tour package worth it? I like the idea of all transportation and housing arranged by people who know the area and language. Peace of mind is definitely worth a price, but obviously the less we have to spend the better.

5) Any other tour companies you suggest we look at?

Thanks! Anything else you think we should be asking, please let us know!

6. Re: Inside Japan Tours: What was your experience like?

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 17 February 2010, 22:54
London
Level Contributor
75 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Inside Japan Tours: What was your experience like?

My partner and I took the nine-day golden route option in September, and are ow looking at taking a longer tour w Inside Japan in 2011. Everything they organised was perfect, the guides in Tokyo and Kyoto were excellent and I would only have two negatives - the futons in Hakone were not comfortable ... I don't care what anyone says, you're sleeping on the floor ... and we wished we'd stayed longer. So if you can do 14 nights, I'd recommend it. We spoke no Japanese, the Tokyo guide fixed our JR Pass and reservations for us, the transport is easy so long as you know how it works (research) and though we hated the futone, the Hakone experience and especially the personal hot bath on the terrace and the full on Japanese food were terrific. Am now a 100% fan of both Japan and Inside Japan (incidentally, their travel booklet with details of transfers, hotels, etc, was spot on).

This all sounds a bit gushy, but we thoroughly enjoyed our trip and felt IJ did us really well. I would recommend them.

8. Re: Inside Japan Tours: What was your experience like?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 05 July 2010, 11:54