I'm getting confused about the eligibility of JR Pass for all shinkansen lines.
I'll introduce my itinerary:
"Total stay of 9 days on March 2019 for cherry blossoms, snow ski resorts, and Sapporo snow"
Tokyo - first 3 days (day 1, day 2, day 3 equivalent to 3 full days and 3 nights)
*Will take shinkansen line going to Kyoto in the morning of day 4
Kyoto - day 4 and day 5 (2 full days, 2 nights)
*Will take shinkansen line from Kyoto to Osaka in the morning of day 6
Osaka - day 6 (just a whole-day tour)
*Will take shinkansen line in the late evening from Osaka to Tokyo and then switch to Hokkaido line from Tokyo to Shin-Hakodate-Hokuto Station (Hakodate) in early morning night if there are shinkansen schedules at 12 midnight onwards.
*If there is no midnight or early morning night shinkansen schedule from tokyo to hakodate, I will spend an overnight in Tokyo then take a morning schedule from Tokyo to Hakodate (6 am to whatever time I'll arrive).
Hakodate - day 7 (whole-day tour if there is an overnight trip in Hokkaido Shinkansen line or just half-day tour if there's none)
*Will take the Super Hokuto line in the morning of day 8 going to Sapporo
Sapporo - day 8 whole day and day 9 half day
*Take flight from Sapporo to home.
Questions and Enquiries:
1. If I buy the 257 USD JR Pass, does it cover all the shinkansen lines? Does it mean I can travel freely for 7 days if I take the Tōkaidō & Sanyō & kyūshū Shinkansen line, the Hokkaido Shinkansen line, and the Super Hokuto line by just using this 257 USD JR pass?
2. If there are additional costs on top of the 257 USD JR Pass to cover all these train lines, how much will it be?
3. Is there an overnight schedule under Hokkaido line (any schedule at 12 midnight onwards from Tokyo Station to Shin Hakodate-Hokuto Station during weekdays (specifically Friday)?
4. If there's none, what is the earliest schedule of Tokyo to Hakodate route?
5. What is the latest (late evening or midnight) shinkansen (Hikari) schedule from Osaka to Tokyo?
6. Is my itinerary doable? (It doesn't matter if it looks rushed, as long as it is doable, that should be fine)
7. Any itinerary changes or suggestions for a better adventure?
8. Are Cherry Blossoms blooming during March 23-31 in Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka?
9. Will there be snow in Sapporo during these dates?
10. Can you recommend a snow ski resort near Tokyo during these dates?
Thanks for answering my questions. Thank you for your detailed answers, recommendations, and suggestions. Cheers!