We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Narita to Nakano Shimbashi with kids and luggage

New York
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
From Narita to Nakano Shimbashi with kids and luggage

Hi All,

Can you please advise the best way to get from Narita Airport to Nakano Shimbashi?

We are arriving on Aug 24th at 1:55pm plus we will have two big suitcases. We are traveling with little kids. We need to then get to the BnB that is few minutes walk from the subway at

Would like to find the least hassle free ride with the fastest journey. Also conscious that transfers with train or long walk with kids and luggage may not be the best idea after a transatlantic flight.

Thank you in advance.

Best Seller
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train...
4,313 Reviews
from US$ 141.30*
Best Seller
Tokyo Robot Evening Cabaret Show
946 Reviews
from US$ 65.70*
Best Seller
Tokyo Robot Restaurant Cabaret Show...
122 Reviews
from US$ 54.70*
4 replies to this topic
Tsukuba, Japan
Level Contributor
8,462 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Narita to Nakano Shimbashi with kids and luggage

You should take JR Narita Express(NEX) Limited Express from JR Narita Airport Station to Shinjuku Station, and then take a Taxi from there to Nakano Shimbashi: it takes @4 km from Shinjuku to the area, so @1,300 yen by Taxi.

Alternatively, you can take Metro Marunouchi Line from Shinjuku, but you have to transfer at Nakano Sakaue, so it is easier to take a Taxi. I know well because I used to live in the area.

It is good to use the NEX Tokyo Round Trip Ticket, if you round trip Narita Airport-Tokyo within 14 days, as follows.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2359_nex.html

New York
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Narita to Nakano Shimbashi with kids and luggage

Thanks Mabei0123

What exit should we try to come out to catch a taxi to Nakano Shimbashi? I believe there are many exits.

One more question, should we buy Suica or Pasmo if staying at Nakano Shimbashi? We don’t plan to travel outside Tokyo

Thanks much!

Cambridge
Level Contributor
77 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Narita to Nakano Shimbashi with kids and luggage

Hi,

I have traveled to/from Japan with my child numerous times and I tried various ways to get to Tokyo. I found airport limousine bus is the easiest option. It might not be the fastest and definitely not the cheapest option, but with young child and luggage after a long flight, combine with taking a taxi for a short distance, I do least walking with the limousine bus.

From Shinjuku Bus Station, it will be 15-20min taxi ride to Nakano Shimbashi. I think it will be less than 2000 yen ($20 or less) for the taxi.

Once you go through the arrival gate in Narita airport, you will see Limousine Bus counter. Buses leave every 30-45min, depending on the destination. You pay for the tickets at the counter, and walk out of the terminal building, and the bus stop will be just outside of the door. You can have the luggage on the (free!) cart all this time arrive at the bus stop where the bus company attendants take care of loading the luggage for you. One you arrive in Shinjuku bus terminal, the taxi stand is on the same floor as the highway bus arrival so you just walk there to get a taxi....

If you take Narita Express, you will need to walk through the airport to get to the JR station and to the train platform (I am pretty sure you cannot take the cart). Then, once in Shinjuku, you will again need to walk through the train station to get out to take a taxi or to get on another subway.

As for Suica and Pasmo, both are practically the identical and both are used as pre-paid debit card like. You can use them pretty much anywhere these days and I found those to be very useful. You can use them in almost all convenience stores, any subways/buses, and many taxis. They can be used in many department stores and supermarket as well. You can charge/recharge at convenience store anytime so I found them really useful.

When I get to Japan, the first thing is to dig out my old Pasmo card and recharge it. Especially with small child, I found having Pasmo useful so that I won't need to dig out my wallet and count the changes.

Maybe this is too much detail then you wanted, but I hope this will be helpful and enjoy Japan! Your kids will love it.

New York
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: From Narita to Nakano Shimbashi with kids and luggage

Thank you! This is most helpful DoraExplore

How much do you normally put on the pasmo card? Also, does each adult and each kid need their own card? Thanks

Reply to: From Narita to Nakano Shimbashi with kids and luggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted