We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Universal Studios Japan express ticket purchase help

McLaren Vale...
Level Contributor
24 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Universal Studios Japan express ticket purchase help

Hi I really need your help!

We are travelling from New Zealand to Toyko and then Osaka in late sept/early october and wish to vist USJ on weds 3rd Oct.

We will be staying at a hotel right next door and check into this hotel the day before weds 3rd October.

Purchasing express pass tickets seems to be an absolute failure so far. The Park Front Hotel, can only sell the studio pass tickets and we have to risk buying express pass tickets the day before or at USJ on the days itself, but they have told us we should purchase them prior, from the USJ website,as they always sell out.

This is IMPOSSIBLE from New Zealand. There are no authorised sellers from NZ and the closest is an Aust company, who sells holdays packages only.

I cannot buy these tickets from the USJ website itself in the english version, as the english version refers me to the authorised sellers - which arent in NZ.

My husband is currently in Japan for work and I thought he might be able to have a Japanese speaking person, help purchase the tickets for us on the USJ website Japanese langauage version, but hes been told, that since we do not have a Japanese symbol name, we cannot buy the tickets and indicated that this is done on purpose, so Japanese people have first preference for the express tickets over tourists.

Does anyone have any other ideas, which are authorised in order to buy these tickets in advance, which wont be null or void at the USJ gates? I have one child whos a desperately mad Harry Potter fan, who doesnt want to miss out.

HELP PLEASE, thanks

Best Seller
Mt Fuji, Lake Ashi and Bullet Train...
4,288 Reviews
from US$ 143.50*
Best Seller
Tokyo Robot Restaurant Cabaret Show...
119 Reviews
from US$ 55.50*
Best Seller
Tokyo Robot Evening Cabaret Show
936 Reviews
from US$ 66.60*
6 replies to this topic
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
432 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Universal Studios Japan express ticket purchase help

https:/…

Scroll through and find the links to all the EP available.

Check klook if they have Oct 3 Express, Passes available. I see that they are.

Klook is an official reseller for USJ tickets/EP. I've used them 2x for entrance ticket and EP7 last year for USJ and my tickets to DisneySea. I just bought my Entrance Ticket for this Oct for USJ and will bypass EP this time since I already did all the major rides. I'm waiting for my date to be available for Tokyo Disneyland.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Universal Studios Japan express ticket purchase help

We don’t speak a word of Japanese but were able to manage to buy express passes on the Japanese USJ site using this awesome guide: dondelaofertamelleve.com/p/…

Otherwise, Klook is great but sometimes a bit more expensive than the USJ site.

Edited: 05 August 2018, 19:33
McLaren Vale...
Level Contributor
24 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Universal Studios Japan express ticket purchase help

Hi

Just tried to book via the link and even though express park tickets are available for the 3rd oct 2018 on the USJ site, we could not gain access to the drop down menu in order to choose the timings of the timed events, therefore we could not purchase the express pass tickets.

No where on the USJ website does it state Klook is an offical authorised seller?

How did you make sure it was, did you get verification from anywhere?

This is extremely difficult to succeed in buying exoress pass tickets....almost as if they dont want to sell them to non Japanese.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
432 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Universal Studios Japan express ticket purchase help

https://www.usj.co.jp/hk/travel/

Klook is under the official USJ Hong Kong site. (may need to use Google translate to see it)

I've used them twice. Bought both Entrance Ticket AND Express Pass 7 (different versions) for 2 different trips (April 2017 and Oct/Nov 2017). I just bought the Entrance Ticket only for my upcoming trip in Oct 2018.

I had no problems at all with them. They are actually pretty good but communicating with them might take a few hours to couple of days. On one of the trips, I also bought Cool Japan Express Passes for the April trip. They emailed back saying the times they were able to get from USJ will conflict with my times for the Express Pass 7. They gave me the option to keep it or to cancel and refund. I chose the latter. Also bought the Halloween Pass for Oct/Nov one.

Edited: 09 August 2018, 07:12
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
432 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Universal Studios Japan express ticket purchase help

Forgot to add that you cannot choose your times via Klook. They will just get what is given to them from USJ. They will, of course, try to get all the same times for one booking/reservation (say if you want 3 passes). I've only booked 1 since I went solo.

So if you want certain rides at certain times, good luck. You'll just have to do with whatever time is allotted to you. Again, times issued is given out by USJ and not by Klook.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
432 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Universal Studios Japan express ticket purchase help

FROM KLOOK:

Additional Information:

This is NOT a park entry ticket. Park entry tickets must be purchased separately

One ticket is required per person (including children)

No re-entry into the park after exiting

Please refer to the Attraction Guide for information on minimum height requirements and other similar attraction rules

Please note that the entry time to each ride cannot be selected. The entry time may be different on each Express Pass even if you book the whole group in one booking. Please enter the rides during the time shown on your Express Pass

If you also booked an Express Pass 4 or Cool Japan 2018 on Klook for the same trip, the entry times of Express Pass 7 rides might be in conflict with the entry time of Express 4 or Cool Japan 2018 rides. In this case, no refund will be issued

You will be contacted in the event that the Express Pass is sold out at the time of your booking confirmation. Thank you in advance for your understanding.

The prices will be adjusted according to the official rates. It varies per day and even changes before your bookings have been confirmed. In these cases, you will be contacted and be given the option to choose to reschedule your booking, cancel your booking with full refunds, or fill the price difference

Sorry, they must have change some of the info after my trips. You can disregard my post #5 and the cool japan part on post #4. Guess it was too much of a hassle for them.

Edited: 09 August 2018, 07:27
Reply to: Universal Studios Japan express ticket purchase help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted