We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrive at narita airport at 9pm sunday (12hrs lay over)

Parkville, Maryland
1 post
Arrive at narita airport at 9pm sunday (12hrs lay over)

My connecting flight will be 9am on monday. Can I go out of the airport and go sighseeing? What are my options? I have a philippine passport but have a US green card will I be able to get a transit visa?

3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
4,563 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Arrive at narita airport at 9pm sunday (12hrs lay over)

You should check those things before booking any flight, in all sincerity.

You should note that:

1) Narita Airport is not a 24 hours operational airport

2) You would need to enter Japan and pass through immigration as you would not be able to spend at the air-side throughout the night

3) You would need a visa for entering Japan; green card and status of residency has nothing to do with visa which are based on citizenship/nationality - so please do check the Embassy of Japan website of the Philippines to check what is needed.

www.ph.emb-japan.go.jp/itprtop_en/index.html

Edited: 04 August 2018, 22:29
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
25,870 posts
30 reviews
2. Re: Arrive at narita airport at 9pm sunday (12hrs lay over)

You'll need a visa or a shore pass (subject to airline procedures) to even board the flight.to Japan as you *must* go through immigration to stay overnight at Narita Airport.

Have this sorted out well before your trip.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,700 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Arrive at narita airport at 9pm sunday (12hrs lay over)

If you're in the US, The green card is relevant to the visa application process. See here …emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/travel_and_visa.html and the transit visa instructions: …emb-japan.go.jp/english/…transit.html

But arriving in Japan this Monday? I do not know what your options are. Can you re-book for a future flight?

Reply to: Arrive at narita airport at 9pm sunday (12hrs lay over)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted