We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Tokyo to Haneda with luggage

Level Contributor
17 posts
From Tokyo to Haneda with luggage

I need some advice...

I am leaving Japan via Haneda on Aug. 7th, 10:30.

I am traveling with my family that includes kids, so I need my luggage with me until the last day, and thus cannot use the delivery system.

My hotel is in Akabane.

What is the best way to get to Haneda with the luggage?

BTW, I understand that Aug 7 is a holiday here, so it complicates the things even further...

Please help.

Thanks!

9 replies to this topic
Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
57,426 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: From Tokyo to Haneda with luggage

http://hnd-bus.com/airport/h-kawaguchi/

Level Contributor
4,499 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: From Tokyo to Haneda with luggage

Holiday or not matters little.

Can you handle your own luggage? If not, there are no options but use the takuhaibin delivery system or taxi. I don’t really understand your issues in having a daypack or two for the last night and day to stuff in children’s clothes and your passport as well as wallet and sending all other things by takuhaibin. Otherwise, take a taxi, which can take up only 4 adults each and perhaps two large suitcases.

If you have luggage that you can handle without big issues, take the JR Keihin-Tohoku Line to Hamamatsucho then Tokyo Monorail or the JR Ueno-Tokyo Line to Shinagawa then Keikyu Railway. If you take the train in 06:00 hours, there won’t be a big overcrowding on trains. In 07:00 hours or afterwards, it could become impossible to take trains with luggage.

Kobe, Japan
Level Contributor
4,090 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: From Tokyo to Haneda with luggage

August 7 is not a holiday. See post 1. Take the limo bus. Take a taxi to the bus stop if necessary.

Level Contributor
4,499 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: From Tokyo to Haneda with luggage

I didn’t know that the Limobus stops at Akabane. Take the Limobus then, particularly during and after 07:00 hour.

Level Contributor
17 posts
5. Re: From Tokyo to Haneda with luggage

Thanks guys!

It's a great help!

Do you happen to know if it's possible to buy the Limobus tickets on the spot (i.e., without reservation)?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
57,426 posts
67 reviews
6. Re: From Tokyo to Haneda with luggage

Go to the bus stop, and pay the fare in the bus.

http://hnd-bus.com/airport/guide/board.html

Level Contributor
17 posts
7. Re: From Tokyo to Haneda with luggage

Many thanks!

Nakano, Japan
Level Contributor
798 posts
8. Re: From Tokyo to Haneda with luggage

Luckily that there is limo bus. Akabane is a crazy transfer station at peak hours....interception of two ranked buisest lines Saikyo Line and Keihin-Tohoku Line

Edited: 05 August 2018, 17:08
Level Contributor
17 posts
9. Re: From Tokyo to Haneda with luggage

Updating for future reference...

The bus company that operates the line through Akabane does not reserve places. And as Akabane is the 3rd stop on the route, there is a 50-50 chance of having available seats for the 5 of us (that's what the lady at the bus information counter told us with help from google translate).

Instead, we took a subway to Ikebukuro (not much of a luggage issue at 5 am), and took a Limobus from the Metropolitan Hotel, where we did reserve places.

Thanks everyone!

Reply to: From Tokyo to Haneda with luggage
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted