We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area for a 5 night stay in Tokyo/disneyland

Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
Which area for a 5 night stay in Tokyo/disneyland

My daughter and her family will be visiting Tokyo for 5 nights prior to a ski trip in Tomamu.

They arrive into Narita arount 6pm on 26th Feb and want to spend two days at disneyland.

Then they would like to visit Odaiba and Tokyo Tower.

Should they just stay the 5 nights at a hotel near disneyland or split with 3 nights disneyland and 2 nights tokyo. They will depart Narita on 3rd March.

Thanks

6 replies to this topic
Tsukuba, Japan
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
317 reviews
1. Re: Which area for a 5 night stay in Tokyo/disneyland

I don't recommend to stay 5 nights at Maihama (Tokyo Disney Resort(TDR) area). I think it is better to stay 2-3 nights at Maihama(TDR area) and 2-3 nights at Central Tokyo or alternatively stay 5 nights at Central Tokyo area close to TDR, such as Odaiba (Tokyo Odaiba Hilton Hotel, etc). It is good to stay 2-3 nights at a hotel at TDR area which is inexpensive yet has spacious rooms in general, but whether to change the hotels depends on your daughter's family.

Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Which area for a 5 night stay in Tokyo/disneyland

Thank you Mabei0123,

Can you please advise how far it is from Odaiba to Tokyo Disneyland?

Illinois
Destination Expert
for Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
57,420 posts
67 reviews
3. Re: Which area for a 5 night stay in Tokyo/disneyland

https:/…Tokyo-Disney-Land

Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
28,722 posts
69 reviews
4. Re: Which area for a 5 night stay in Tokyo/disneyland

Odaiba is not particularly convenient to Tokyo Disney. I recommend staying closer. There are lots of hotels near Disneyland. Odaiba offers good and inexpensive hotels because it's not a convenient spot, though some hotels there offer free shuttle to Disney. If you stay in one of them, it'll be OK

Level Contributor
115 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Which area for a 5 night stay in Tokyo/disneyland

Thanks everyone for your helpful advice

Tsukuba, Japan
Level Contributor
9,424 posts
317 reviews
6. Re: Which area for a 5 night stay in Tokyo/disneyland

Exactly, the hotels in Odaiba which offer free shuttle to TDR are Tokyo Odaiba Hilton Hotel and Grand Nikko Tokyo Daiba. Both are nice hotels with spacious rooms and good Tokyo Bay views yet not so expensive, but not in the Center of Tokyo, so it takes @20 min. to Shimbashi by Yurikamome monorail.

To go to TDR from Odaiba without the shuttle bus, you have to take JR Rinkai Line from its JR Tokyo Teleport Station to Shin-Kiba, and transfer to JR Keiyo Line to JR Maihama (@15 min.).

Reply to: Which area for a 5 night stay in Tokyo/disneyland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted