We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best area in Jakarta

Ko Samui, Thailand
1 post
2 reviews
best area in Jakarta

What is a nice area in Jakarta? Staying for 1 night only. Area with some nice bars, restaurants and nice hotels? any recommendation on what to do and what to see?

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
57 reviews
1. Re: best area in Jakarta

1) Please state your budget in USD or Rupiah for hotel reccomendations??

2) If you are interested in the tourist sights and fits the area with nice bars, restaurants and nice hotels.. I will recommend staying at the Menteng area especially for first time visitors.. Consider these places, around Jln thamrin, Jln wahid Hasyim, Jln Sabang or even Jaksa..

3) staying in Kemang will be the second-best option if you are not interested in touristy sights but they have a good share of nice bars, restaurants and nice hotels.. mostly within walking distance..

4) If you are adventurous enough, you can try staying at Mangga Besar.. Pretty Seedy Area with dodgy nightclubs but really good food.. They still have nice hotels though..

Regarding things to do list, have a look at the 'things to do' list and you will have a general ideaabout the tourist attractions here.. Let us know if you have more specific areas..

Cheers

Edited: 14 January 2013, 14:12
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
131 reviews
2. Re: best area in Jakarta

Hi kasienku,

city center would be nice as always for first timers to stay and explore. There are lots of accommodation from any size and rating (2-star budget hotels to luxury 5-star hotels) - same contradiction exist for restaurants, bars, and night clubs.

For things to do; with only 1 day to visit (who are you, Anthony Bourdain on The Layover?) this itinerary tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i19630-Jakarta_… might give you idea on basic Jakarta city tour. Similar program is also offered by travel agent as Jakarta city tour package.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
3. Re: best area in Jakarta

One night stay???

If it`s a just a stopover, airport hotel will be the most sensible option. If any OTHER purpose, please specify????

As Stefzzz kindly pointed out, your budget/ room/ night is vital for accommodation advice.

San Leandro...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
4. Re: best area in Jakarta

What would be the best part/safest of Jakarta? I'd probably spend a week or more there depending on the amount of time to thoroughly enjoy the city. Thanks,

John

Kalabahi
Level Contributor
23 posts
5. Re: best area in Jakarta

Cikini is a pleasant area. Located conveniently in terms of transport from and to the airport. From Cikini train station you can do a half-day trip to Bogor Botanical Garden (the commuter trains are not full in this direction in the morning).

Find a description of the area in my description of the ibis budget Cikini hotel here:

http://hirang.webs.com/hotelinjakarta.htm

Also check out the Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, not for the theme park stuff but for its life-size replicas of traditional houses of various regions of Indonesia.

…blogspot.com/2011/04/taman-mini-indonesia-i… (scroll down for photo)

Edited: 02 September 2013, 11:32
6. Re: best area in Jakarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 02 September 2013, 11:55
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
57 reviews
7. Re: best area in Jakarta

John P,

I have answered your question about the best area at post 1..

Are you here for work, visiting families or tourist?? If you just want to look at tourist sites, you can finish it in 3 days, 1 week is too long.. but if you love nightlife, 'Westernized' shopping malls (plenty of them) and food, one week is probably not enough..

Cheers

Jakarta
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
120 reviews
8. Re: best area in Jakarta

John P, hello

Please specify:

1/ your budget/ room/ night??

2/ purpose of visit to JKt???

3/ please read post # of the current topic. My colleague Stefzzz gave an excellent advice .....

9. Re: best area in Jakarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2014, 11:03