We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jakarta - Bandung Budget Travel

Kota Kinabalu...
1 post
Save Topic
Jakarta - Bandung Budget Travel

Hi, we will be travelling to Jakarta - Bandung this September.

I have a few questions for the trip -

1) I will be staying at the Ibis Mangga Dua Hotel at Jakarta, may I know how much is the taxi fare from the Soekarno Hatta Airport to the hotel? We are 6 pax travelling so we probably need a 7 seater.

2) How far exactly is the tangkuban perahu ? Im wondering why travel agents are bringing the tourist from jakarta to bandung then to the tangkuban perahu? Isnt jakarta closer? is it advisable for us to visit? i heard you can get manipulated by the tour guides and harassed by the vendors there haha.

3) How much does the transfer cost for my group to go to ancol from our hotel? Oh yea and lets say I purchase the ticket to Dufan, what if I have my dinner at the Festival beach, can I reenter the place with the earlier tickets?

4) While in Bandung, can you suggest any company that provide vans with driver that we can hire full day for three days?

Thanks so much

Edited: 29 June 2012, 21:12
Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jakarta - Bandung Budget Travel

Hello,

Q1. Regular taxi (4-seater) from Jakarta Airport to Ibis Mangga Dua hotel will cost around Rp120,000 (using meter). No taxi coupon. And jakarta taxis don't have any surcharge (midnight, extra luggage, 3rd or 4th person, etc). For 6pax, you can either get 2 regular taxis or get a maxicab (which seats 8, but still not a good idea since you have luggage with you). Maxicab is operated by Silverbird and Tiara Express (must make reservation for this, google for company phone number).

Q2. Tangkuban Perahu is an attraction outside Bandung. Go there while you are in Bandung. Getting harassed is found in almost every attraction, even when you visit upside down house near kinabalu park is a cheat for tourists i'd say...

Q3. Dunia Fantasi ticket is SINGLE ENTRY. You cannot re-enter the park after you exit, even for the same day. Anyway, it also closed around dinner time, so just leave the park when you want to have dinner.

To get there from Ibis Mangga Dua, get a taxi. If the road is smooth enough, it's only 10mins away from the hotel.

Q4. There has been numerous discussion on this, try Mulia car rental, Zafira car rental, MPV car rental, Cipaganti car rental among others.

Hope this helps

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,492 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jakarta - Bandung Budget Travel

moonscarlet,

welcome to the forum................

1/ taxi ride from/ to CGK ids about 100-120 k IDR/ one way

2/ Tangkuban Perahu (spelt Tangkuban Parahu in the local Sundanese dialect) is a dormant volcano 30 km north of the city of Bandung, the provincial capital of West Java, Indonesia. It last erupted in 1959. It is a popular tourist attraction where tourists can hike or ride to the edge of the crater to view the hot water springs and boiling mud up close, and buy eggs cooked on the hot surface. Bandung is 120 km from Jakarta, so... you can calculate why visitors who eager to see the volcano have to go to BDG first....................

3/ Ancol is relatively close tot your hotel, some min taxi ride.

4/ <<While in Bandung, can you suggest any company that provide vans with driver>>

The best way that i usually recommend is to hire a car+ driver from your hotel reception, any hotel in BDG is able to provide such service. In this case you`ll get the most reliable option and no need to pre-book and pre-pay anything.

KL
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Jakarta - Bandung Budget Travel

hi all..

i will be travelling to bandung this august..but my flight is bound to jakarta =.="

what will the best way to travel from jakarta to bandung. im looking for a taxi or shuttle that can fit for 4 people. Im just looking for a 1 way taxi trip to bandung. how much does it usually cost?

thanks for ur help

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
7,595 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jakarta - Bandung Budget Travel

Hi Joelriez,

if you are traveling on a budget, you can use the shuttle service which runs between Jakarta airport to Bandung. The shuttle is operated by X-Trans or Cipaganti. One way trip costs Rp90,000 per person. This is more economical than renting a car or taxi (taxi does not go for long haul travel anyway). Car rental will costs roughly Rp500,000 and up one way.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,492 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jakarta - Bandung Budget Travel

Joelriez,

1/ you are trying to hijack the other people`s thread. In order to have your question answered, PLEASE start your own topic.

2/ reading forum posts and learning from the experience of the travelers BEFORE you is also a vital forum skill.

6. Re: Jakarta - Bandung Budget Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2013, 09:45