We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa for indians

Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Visa for indians

I am travelling to Bali and from there to Jakarta coming January. I learnt from net that visa is not required for Indians for entering bali, however is visa required for Jakarta? What are the documents that I have to carry? Should I provide proof of cash? Should I carry a printout of hotel/room that I have booked?

Kindly confirm. I found similar question answered in this forum but they are closed or pretty old. Kindly help me.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa for indians

CV S, hi

Jakarta and Bali belong to the same country which is Indonesia. If you travel from DPS to CGK its the same as you travel from Mumbai to Delhi, do you need a visa for that? Your one visa free that you get in DPS is enough for all domestic travels within 30 days of the visa validity.

All eligible visa free visitors ( Indians included) must be with valid passports for at least 6 months from the date of arrival and have valid return ticket. The immigration officer at the port of entry may ask the passenger to produce any necessary documents (such as hotel reservation and proof of finance).

Mentioned in this post
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa for indians

Thanks a lot. You never let me down. Whenever I have doubts you are there to clarify. Thank you so much.

If I understand correctly, I get a visa free document of sorts when I land in Bali? My passport is valid till August and I am travelling on January.just about 6 months exactly remaining :-). I need to carry printout of hotel reservations and keep it handy perhaps. Proof of finance( how much might be the minimum requirement) if I show the cash that I carry, will that be enough.?

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
61,585 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa for indians

CV S, you are most welcome. Any time.

Yes, if you have at least 6 months on your passport you are totally fine to travel ( but not a day less). Having a hotel booking at hand is the right idea but provide it only if asked. For proof of funds ( again only if asked) you must have at least 50 USD or equivalent per day per person to sustain yourself in Indonesia. Cash, card statement, bank statement - anything will do. Honestly the chance being asked is slim, but you better be prepared, right?

Mentioned in this post
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa for indians

True.. agreed and let me be prepared..

5. Re: Visa for indians

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2017, 10:46