We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JBR March/April Sanur

England
Level Contributor
283 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
JBR March/April Sanur

Sanur:- Bali Pavilions......6 nights

Kamuela villas .... 1 night

Sad to be leaving Ubud but very happy to be going to Sanur my sister and her hubby have joined us now for the last part of our trip.

Sunday morning roads are quiet so we get to The Bali Pavilions early

Our villa is not ready so we all have complimentary foot/leg massages which were very good.

Our villa is lovely it is also in a very good location .... The busy part of north Sanur but when you walk down the Bamboo lined driveway it

Is very peaceful .The bedrooms and bathrooms are especially good .

We also enjoy listening to our music on the Bose speakers whilst cooling down in the pool.

The villa isn't close to the beach but they do have a shuttle and will take you any time you request it .

Day 1 we decide to check out the beach and obviously it isn't a private beach but they have comfy sun loungers and towels ready.

My B in Law decided he wanted to go on the jet ski as no one else was interested I thought I would have a go and I really enjoyed it until towards the end we were turning to head back to the beach when a large wave came and we both ended up in the water . I am sure I should have known better at my age but it was good fun.

My hubbies highlight of each day was a large capacino and marble

Cheesecake at the Cafe Batu Jimbar . My daughter now calls him Homer as he eats cake and drinks beer! His favorite beer is the Storm beer however not all the bars sell it and he does not like Bintang so he has some fun searching for it.

Eating out yet again we are not very adventurous as I do not want

To waste any more precious days being sick.

Dinner :- The Village... Not as good as it used to be

Dinner :- Massimos ... Meal very good service could be better.

Dinner :- Cinnamon... Favorite good food good service good value

DInner :- Cafe Batu Jimbar ..... Meal Okay

Shopping:- I had done some shopping in Ubud buying silver jewelry

Gifts items and clothes but I have to say I find the markets in Sanur

too much of a challenge for me we did go to Tootys market stall one day but you feel like the Pied Piper as the ladies all follow you shouting come to my store and look and I always fell guilty as you can't buy from all of them . The bartering does not bother me I can barter as good as them I had my own shop in the UK for over 20 years so am used to customers asking for good discounts.

I will leave my market shopping until I get to Seminyak they don't seem to hassle you as much and the goods are nicer quality.I did buy a pair of sunglasses from the Sanur market they lasted 2 days.

Sanur does seem to have more little boutique shops now selling really nice clothes.

This holiday we are away for Nearly 5 weeks so I needed to use laundry services I found a really good one thanks to Happy Noodle Boy .... It is very close to the Pavilions and called the Cleanest and it was !

Our 6 nights at the Pavilions went so fast we all really enjoyed it can't fault it at all and the staff were all very good.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JBR March/April Sanur

thanks for another good read merryl. I feel for first timers when they hit the market stalls for the first time, lucky you are used to it!

sydney
Level Contributor
991 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JBR March/April Sanur

Hi there

Will be in Sanur in a few weeks cant wait.

How busy is it. Havent booked a few nights accomendation and was going to look at it when we are there. Is it still very humid. ?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
244 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JBR March/April Sanur

yes we found the Sanur ladies more persistent & difficult to get away from than anywhere else in Bali. One lady was on her knees begging my partner to come to her shop..this to was while trying to 'run the gauntlet' to get to Tootsie's fixed price.

thanks for the JBR...sounds like you had a great time.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JBR March/April Sanur

Thanks Susie

We also tried running the gauntlet to get to Tootsies but it didn't work.

They are pretty insistent.

Lee

Bridgetown...
Level Contributor
80 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JBR March/April Sanur

Yes, we also found the Sanur ladies quite intense. One lady actually jumped on her bike and hunted down my husband who vaguely looked at something in her shop!! Lesson learned there! Keeps eyes averted at all times!!

Miranda, Sydney
Level Contributor
3,347 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JBR March/April Sanur

Hi Merryl,

So glad you enjoyed Sanur - you are so lucky to have such a LONG holiday in Bali. Look forward to your Seminyak report.

Cheers,

Sandy

Cabarita Beach...
Level Contributor
1,081 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JBR March/April Sanur

Thanks Susie for another great read. We had a lovely meal at Cinnamon too.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,751 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: JBR March/April Sanur

Thanks for the update,looks as though you settled very well into the Sanur life.

Lucky you being in Bali for so long.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,819 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: JBR March/April Sanur

Thanks Susie - it is very dangerous to go into Cafe Batu Jimbar and look at the cake counter. Remember, a minute on the lips, a lifetime on the hips.

The Sanur ladies have always been quite persistent, with cries of "Where you from?" "Where are you going" "You come look at my shop?" "Remember my name" as they follow you along the beach path in their woolly hats and cardigans.

England
Level Contributor
283 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: JBR March/April Sanur

Hi Kimds

Sanur is not as busy as Ubud and Seminyak but still fairly busy .....I always prefer to book my accommodation before I go just would not like the hassle

of finding somewhere when I am on holiday but I am a bit of a fuss pot .

Weather was very hot and humid but you kinda get used to it after a few days .

Susie