We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Blog - "Tanya Turns 50 in Bali" - Ubud (Chapter 2)

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
54 reviews
New Blog - "Tanya Turns 50 in Bali" - Ubud (Chapter 2)

So this seems to have worked! Now have the Ubud chapter with photos.....crossed fingers.....

…travelpod.com/travel-blog-entries/…tpod.html

Please enjoy and hope it may help other new Bali travellers:)

Alice Springs
Level Contributor
141 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: New Blog - "Tanya Turns 50 in Bali" - Ubud (Chapter 2)

Great read Tanya - I am supposed to be writing a report for work but got caught in your adventures which was much more interesting!!

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
54 reviews
2. Re: New Blog - "Tanya Turns 50 in Bali" - Ubud (Chapter 2)

I too find the Bali forum awfully distracting sometimes bacialicesprings:) Glad you enjoyed them - Candidasa chapter now posted!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: New Blog - "Tanya Turns 50 in Bali" - Ubud (Chapter 2)

Hey Tanya...great with pictures.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: New Blog - "Tanya Turns 50 in Bali" - Ubud (Chapter 2)

Thanks again Tanya.

You do a great blog!!!

Cheers Mac

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
54 reviews
5. Re: New Blog - "Tanya Turns 50 in Bali" - Ubud (Chapter 2)

Thanks Suzan and Mac - glad you enjoyed the photos:)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
Level Contributor
5,890 posts
160 reviews
6. Re: New Blog - "Tanya Turns 50 in Bali" - Ubud (Chapter 2)

Tanya amazing photos and a great blog.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
6 reviews
7. Re: New Blog - "Tanya Turns 50 in Bali" - Ubud (Chapter 2)

I loved it especially as we've only just been to some of these places.

I forgot about the "pre wedding" photos at Lake Bratan. I did think it a bit strange that these people had managed to get married and be having their photos done by 10.30am on a Monday morning. It was like - where's all the "hangers on" that often follow the bridal party around and where are the parents etc....? Thanks for clarifying as they are in the video Trevor took.

I want one of those little carved wooden dogs, might be my mission for next trip.

We looked through the Yamuna and Dewi rooms at AS and I loved the Yamuna room the most. The view from the patio was amazing and the pool being so close would be great. The main pool area was pretty hot the day we visited, so even more reason to book Yamuna (if I could ever get in, that is).

Thanks again, Lee x

Edited: 05 April 2012, 18:35
Australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: New Blog - "Tanya Turns 50 in Bali" - Ubud (Chapter 2)

I really enjoyed reading this and loved your elephant foot commentary - I have suffered this many times in Bali and will now refer to it by your name ! It makes it hard to buy shoes, you can't try them on but have to just stand on them to work out if they fit! I've bookmarked your blog and will try out a few of those restaurants on my next trip

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
54 reviews
9. Re: New Blog - "Tanya Turns 50 in Bali" - Ubud (Chapter 2)

Thanks Lee and freddiebert:)

Lee - the woodcarvers are just around the bend from the village where Alam Shanti is located. I walked through a couple of them before I found my little Lazy Dog:)

freddiebert - yes...the whole foot thing was certainly a challenge! Unfortunately it did not recover well after the first operation and I've only been able to wear a pair of very sturdy runners since then! (I'm off to a wedding in Palm Cove in a couple of weeks and am determined to find at least a pair of canvas sneakers that I can walk in before then!). Another op in June so hoping that bymy next trip to Bali in November I'll be able to walk without swelling up quite so much!!

10. Re: New Blog - "Tanya Turns 50 in Bali" - Ubud (Chapter 2)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 02:45