We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

photos required for visa on arrival?

Bunbury, Australia
Level Contributor
9 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
photos required for visa on arrival?

sorry if this has been sorted before, but i want to know if we r buying a visa on arrival do we need to have extra photos or do we just show our passport and that's enough?

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,305 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: photos required for visa on arrival?

Hi wannabe and welcome to the Bali forum.

No photos are require for the Visa On Arrival.

When you get off the plane and head for the immigration area, you'll see a series of booths on your left in the hall. These are the Visa On Arrival booths.

Queue up there, hand over your VOA money (you don't need to show passport or anything), and you will be given the appropriate number of vouchers.

Then join the immigration queue. You will hand over your passport, VOA voucher, and immigration card. The voucher will be stamped and stuck in your passport (takes up half a page). You get your passport and immigration card back.

Then collect your luggage from the luggage belt. Proceed through customs, and show them your passport and immigration card. They will tear off a portion of the card to keep.

Then proceed to the exit past the money changers.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,003 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: photos required for visa on arrival?

Hi,

Just to clarify, the Immigration card is the one you fill while in the plane or before boarding your flight to Indonesia. Provided by the airline.

Do not forget to keep your part of the immigration card as it will be needed upon departure.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
4,901 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: photos required for visa on arrival?

Thanks for the info on the VOA booth changes

Cheers Mac

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,305 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: photos required for visa on arrival?

Yeah, they moved the booths from the back of the hall to the left hand side, and there are more of them. It's a good improvement in my opinion, and easy enough to find. Especially for someone like MacGyver, with the help of a bottle cap, some water and a magnetised pin.

Queensland
Level Contributor
3,747 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: photos required for visa on arrival?

Haha, nice one HNB!!

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,003 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: photos required for visa on arrival?

I would expect McGyver to build his own VOA booth with all these objects really

Edited: 27 November 2011, 03:00
Townsville...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: photos required for visa on arrival?

Just to clarify, how much are the 30 day visas these days?

I went a few years ago and they were $25US.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,003 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: photos required for visa on arrival?

Hello residana,

The price is still 25 usd, the 30 days VOA is the only one available now.

You can also elect to pay in AUD at the days exchange rate, the immigration's exchange rate... Usually 26 AUD

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: photos required for visa on arrival?

Good evening,

I am holding a china passport working in Malaysia .Just wanna to know do I need any photos to apply visa on arrival??

Normal visa to apply need a white color photo back ground or black color back ground?

Thanks

10. Re: photos required for visa on arrival?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 May 2013, 14:36
Edited: 04 May 2013, 14:36