We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ibu Oka

sunshine coast
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Ibu Oka

Is this warung still the place to get great suckling pig? Yum.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,716 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ibu Oka

apparently so....

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,875 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ibu Oka

Hi,

Yes, it's still there serving great babi... very busy though these days, if you go later it's often less crowded. But there are good places all over Bali so it's not necessarily the only place to go

cheers

Edited: 05 February 2011, 05:21
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Ubud, Bali, Dublin
Level Contributor
7,036 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ibu Oka

Hi,

if you choose to go, do not go too late as they run out quite early in the day.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,875 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ibu Oka

Hi,

Do they? I've eaten there at 3pm... I thought they cooked more than one these days

cheers

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ibu Oka

I agree with Paul, It is certainly not the best or only place to go for good babi guling.

That's not to say it's not good just that it's the most famous.

sunshine coast
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ibu Oka

Thanks everyone! Anyone recommend other places to try?

lewes uk
Level Contributor
9,875 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ibu Oka

Hi,

I think both Mambal and Penatih are as good, if not better than Ibu Oka

cheers

Ubud, Indonesia
Level Contributor
2,397 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ibu Oka

If you do go, go early, or they also run out of vegetables, and eating just bits of pig can be not as nice as eating it as part of a meal. It's not a particularly comfortable place to eat. Choice of very low tables/sitting on floor or out the front with the traffic and street.

singapore
Level Contributor
82 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ibu Oka

just came back this evening. was at ibu oka couple of days ago...the place was darn packed and the staffs directed me to walk down the street about 5mins away to this little house looking area that opens up to a proper dining hall. it is also ibu oka just an extension. cleaner and more proper. lesser people and weirdly, serving is bigger too. same price but less hassle and no more possibility of losing your slippers! check with the staffs where is the other ibu oka and they will direct you.

10. Re: Ibu Oka

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 20:47