We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali hotels - which is best for teenagers

Perth
1 post
Save Topic
Bali hotels - which is best for teenagers

Have been to Bali several times when the kids were younger and always stayed at the Dynasty. It is central without being in the middle of Kuta itself. I want to try something a little different.

I want luxury and to relax a little and they want fun ie/ pool volleyball, table tennis tournaments, pool table. They are not into nightclub scene yet. Is the Kartika Plaza or Patra any good for what we want?

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali hotels - which is best for teenagers

Maybe Breezes Resort would suit if they want activities within the hotel.

http://thebreezesbali.com/

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
8,825 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali hotels - which is best for teenagers

I've stayed at both the Patra and Discovery Kartika Plaza. Whilst I liked both the Patra is a little "isolated" if you are more interested in town. It takes about 20mins to walk to the Discovery Mall (... are we there yet?) and about another 20mins to Poppies 1 (.. how much further?).The Discovery has table tennis/volleyball but can't say I saw anybody playing (this May/June). Mostly Australian visitors (a number with kids). Europeans and Asian/Japanese definitely in the small minority.

Of course the Waterbom park is more or less across the road from the Discovery.

As teenagers they are probably more interested in making their own (individual) fun than group (kids club) organised activities.

Can't really comment on the "organised activities" but if you don't mind being a bit away you could also consider one of the resort hotels in Nusa Dua who offer a wide range of activities and sports

perth
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali hotels - which is best for teenagers

i have stayed at the kartika and yes it is a good choice, but the service is a let down after the dynasty. nice rooms, location.

similar price range, but definately more luxury try the padma, up legian way but an excellent location and lovely rooms. plenty of activities and facilities at both.

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali hotels - which is best for teenagers

The Hard Rock Hotel at Kuta. Amazing pool with fun activities. In addittion to the usual diving/ surf schools, there's a fun music studio for recording. My teenagers love it.

Busselton, Australia
Level Contributor
528 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali hotels - which is best for teenagers

Agree but I liked also Bali gardenclose to everything

Auckland
Level Contributor
129 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali hotels - which is best for teenagers

Hi there.

I think it is important teens are in a conducive atmosphere and feel they have room to move, (well mine anyway) and don't have to pitter, patter around other guests. Mine prefer a large pool area. Makes Mum and Dad feel more at ease if you know the not-so-little darlings are not bothering other people. The Discovery Kartika is a good choice as you normally stay that end and there is so much on offer, as you know(I've stayed there a few times and can recommend), the Hard Rock has the coolest pool, but my kids definitely ♥ ♥ ♥ the Bali Padma in Legian - always seems to be a volley ball game on. The Padma is good for my husband and I too, as you can get a really lovely room, we love to play tennis (as do the kids) - so no complaints there.

A great time was went we bit the bullet price-wise (on urging from friends) and took them to Club Med for a week . We never saw them! These days the Club Med is a tad more luxurious for Mum and Dad too, where it used to be nothing more than a room. As it is all inclusive you didn't have to keep putting your hand in your pocket - a good thing with teens and in the end we reckoned despite the initial hefty outlay - we saved money. They still talk about that.

Perth
Destination Expert
for Kuta, Lovina Beach, Singaraja, Baturiti, Bali
Level Contributor
7,347 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali hotels - which is best for teenagers

I was going to suggest hard Rock for the atmosphere and pool, but when i read activities, I have to agree that Lindas pick looks the most suitable.

8. Re: Bali hotels - which is best for teenagers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2011, 10:50