We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manik Hair Salon - Beware

Adelaide, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
Manik Hair Salon - Beware

I visited this salon first in 2009 and found them great - 100% so on our trip to Bali last week I visited them again to get my hair permed, eyelash extension and acrylic nails - this was the one regret on my recent trip - the biggest disaster of my life - the eyelash extensions were supposed to last one month - they did not even last one week - the nails were the best thing even though they were not great - the worst thing was the perm - It is not even curly - absolutely destroyed my hair - also quoted me a price of 1.5million for all of the above when I went to pay it ended up costing me 2.1million - I will never ever go back to this salon again and would definitely not recommend this salon to anyone - spoilt the start of my holiday

Lombok, Indonesia
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: Manik Hair Salon - Beware

Rp 260,000 for a blow wave and some hand puppetry, that's it I am opening a blow wave warung.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: Manik Hair Salon - Beware

One of the best salons (or maybe the best) since many years is Jerry Humphries salon in Nusa Dua. I got many perfect colourings there. The staff is very well trained too, but you may ask appointment with Jerry in person if you not trust them. They have a website too.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: Manik Hair Salon - Beware

One of the best salons (or maybe the best) since many years is Jerry Humphries salon in Nusa Dua. I got many perfect colourings there. The staff is very well trained too, but you may ask appointment with Jerry in person if you not trust them. They have a website too.

Nowra, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
54. Re: Manik Hair Salon - Beware

hi, i'm going to bali in about a week and want hair extensions, i was think about manik but there are alot of bad reviews... i am staying in legian, so anywhere close to that will be great! i wouldn't want to spend more than $100 AUD. if someone could help it would be much appreciated (:

loveozasia
Level Contributor
195 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Manik Hair Salon - Beware

I read on another topic thread of a place called La Beaute in Kerabokan. Has anyone been there or heard of it? It looks really close to where I'll be staying for a month so I thought it might be my regular blowdry bar. Otherwise I shall check out Spoiled. Thanks.

PS: to the original poster; I'm sorry to hear about your eyelash debacle. I've had them done in Thailand before and I lost almost all of my natural eyelashes (not my most stylish look). The horror stories are not just limited to o/seas though, I've seen a friend get a really bad eyelash follicle infection and her eye was so swollen and that was here at home. Maybe try out the individual lashes that you can buy yourself and put them on for special occasions only. They are really not very hard to apply at all... much easier than the full sets. :o)

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: Manik Hair Salon - Beware

This post was back in may 2010 so why comment now.???????? Kobrob

Nowra, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
57. Re: Manik Hair Salon - Beware

getting recommendations?

loveozasia
Level Contributor
195 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: Manik Hair Salon - Beware

This was on the first page of the Bali forum so I thought someone must have resurrected it for a reason? Lots of different salon names on here so I thought this would be more relevant than starting a new thread? Hair is very important to us girls!

Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: Manik Hair Salon - Beware

I wished I had read your post before. Today I went for the first time to Manik, it's now moved over the road and nearer Seminyak and I will never return.

I had booked in for replacement gel nails and shellac for hands and feet. All the colours they showed me were unfashionablr, old and dried up and, apparently from Malaysia, no branded stuff despite the hefty price tag...

The chair that I sat on was one of the most uncomfortable ever - a cheap folding thing that probably set them back all of 50,000 rupiah. The girl who was to do my nails arrived late - no problem - but with no apology and then was simply rude and disinterested, completely ignoring me and speaking to her colleague in Indonesian. Fortunately the machine that would have been needed to file and shape my gel nails was faulty so I was able to escape without losing anything except for about 20 minutes of my morning.

Everything about the place is wrong. The staff all whinge loudly and conduct their private lives for the clients to see and hear. The only positive I had was a glass of aqua on arriving.

I've been going to Bodyworks, Spolied and Glow ( Seminyak) for years and will continue to do so.

Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: Manik Hair Salon - Beware

Also to add. Manik did not offer me a price list, I got the impression when I made my appointment that the girl was plucking figures from the air. And despite a large card on the table telling clients to insist that items were sterilised to prevent possible infection, the girls were dropping things all over the floor and then trying to use them.

P.S. my partner now gets his hair cut by Max at Spoiled whenever we're in Bali and cannot find anyone near us in the UK who does it as good.