We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best sim card to buy in Bali?

Bayswater North
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
best sim card to buy in Bali?

Could some one please advise me of which sim card to purchase in Bali?I am going there next week and want to be able to talk to my kids every day :)

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best sim card to buy in Bali?

Hi, I have always use Simpati sim cards with my unlocked phone. 50 thousand rupiah card generally does me for the week, however you may need 100thousand rupiah on yours if you are phone the kids every day to be on the safe side.

Some more experienced members may have other prefered ones. Enjoy your trip.

Sydney
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best sim card to buy in Bali?

Agree with Baliloversydney, Simpati is my preferred sim card. Cost 50000rp to buy sim and you get 5 or 10000rp credit included. Cards are sold everwhere just look for advertising for "Pulsa". 100000rp top up should cover a weeks use ringing Oz each day. Roughly 10000rp for 10-20 minute mobile to mobile call, text about 500 -600rp. But you must use special prefix numbers (01017) and phone needs to be unlocked. The person that installs the local sim card will explan.

Cheers

SYDNEY
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best sim card to buy in Bali?

Hey SOB, thanks for the reminder on the prefix and costs. Cheers

Bayswater North
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best sim card to buy in Bali?

thank you all :) I cant wait to get there:)

Geelong
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: best sim card to buy in Bali?

Do you need to use the special codes when texting if you have global roaming setup on your mobile?

6. Re: best sim card to buy in Bali?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2010, 09:46