We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tailor seminyak/ Kuta

Sydney
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Topic
Tailor seminyak/ Kuta

Hi,

I have been searching the forums for information regarding tailors in Seminyak / kuta area. I am currently staying in The Villas seminyak and my mum and i would both like a leather jacket made. I have been reading conflicting reports of good tailors. I understand it is a personal opinion but we would prefer to have some idea rather than just choose any. We are happy to take a taxi to one that is reccomended. We are planning on going tomorrow so any suggestions asap would be great :)

Also how much roughly should we pay for a 3/4 leather jacket.

Kind regards, and thanks in advance,

Mel :)

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,480 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tailor seminyak/ Kuta

Hi melissa_a_85

I have sent you a PM for a good leather tailor.

Cheers

Sydney
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tailor seminyak/ Kuta

Thanks heaps ilab :)

Any idea roughly how much it will cost?

Cheers :)

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tailor seminyak/ Kuta

Dolphin Leather are very good. I pay around $120-180.00 for knee length coats, depending on the style and skins used.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tailor seminyak/ Kuta

i don't think you can go past Dewa ...everyone i have sent to him have been thrilled with the results .

And the best thing , he will come to your hotel room and you can get measured in aircon comfort .

He wont give you anything that he is not happy with either and he will pick up if anything is wrong before you will...although , i've never had a problem.

Dewa 08123622247 ... speaks perfect english too !

cheers

batt

Australia
Level Contributor
12,777 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tailor seminyak/ Kuta

Hey Batts, I now know what you look like :) :) You are a FB friend of a friend of mine also . ha ha

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tailor seminyak/ Kuta

hehehehehehe well add me ! lmao

Frankston, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tailor seminyak/ Kuta

Can I jump in on this post & ask if they also make leather boots. When we come over in Feb I want to get some clothes made some boots & leather jacket made. If anyone can recomend a taylor who is good at copying it would be great. Ive been told you really only get good suits made over there but i find that hard to believe.

Cheers

Deb

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tailor seminyak/ Kuta

yes deb , the one above makes everything ...suites, woollen coats , shoes , boots , leather coats ,just about anything ...i had a dreadfull photo of some boots i wanted made and they done them exactly the same , they where perfect .

cheers

batt

Frankston, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tailor seminyak/ Kuta

Thanks Batt

Are they also happy to make dresses & skirts [more casual gear] . It would be great to go to go to only one place for fittings. A big time saver. Does he charge extra to come to your hotel.

Cheers

Deb

10. Re: Tailor seminyak/ Kuta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2010, 09:48