We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new to bali

leicestershire
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
new to bali

Hi husband n I are staying in Candidasa for two weeks from Feb 21 at Royal Beach . Any advice on diving? Roger is very experienced diver of 30 yrs n also where can we hire motorbike from. Also, can anyone recommend driver to pick us up from airport. What will the weather be like. We know its rainy season but not sure what to expect. Thanks Melanie Jane

germany
Level Contributor
140 posts
47 reviews
1. Re: new to bali

Hallo Melanie Jane,

I am pretty sure your hotel will inform you about diving in Bali. There are pretty a lot of agents, they will offer you for example a day diving trip to Menjangan island, or to Tulamben, etc, etc.

Regarding to driver to pick you up, have you consider to contact your hotel and asked them? The reason is: the driver normally will asked you to pay just like a day tour (it will be like 500 thousand rupiahs or so) and you just use them to pick you up. I think the hotel will give you reasonable price, and it is also their service.

The weather in Feb normally not too hot with some rains that easy come and go. But I think the water visibility for diving can be pretty affected.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,050 posts
317 reviews
2. Re: new to bali

there is a taxi service at the airport which have fixed prices to candi dasa. not sure what the increase is (others may advise) but it was 300,000rp. will obviously have increased. there is a list of drivers on trip advisor and if you type in 'drivers' on the forum you can read lots of feedback from previous posts. IF you arrive early and would like to look around b4 going to your hotel this would be a good idea if not get a taxi for the cheapest and quickest option. there will be local motorbikes for rent if you want to hire one. generally driving in bali is not recommended but if you are only driving / riding in somewhere quieter like candi dasa it may be ok but be aware of this b4 you go by doing a search on driving yourself in bali.

here is some info on diving

divetheworldindonesia.com/bali-diving-sites-…

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
Level Contributor
3,360 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: new to bali

Hi,

Not sure what Candidasa is like for diving. You might like to consider a visit to Amed, approx 1 hrs drive from Candidasa. Good diving & snorkelling there & also at nearby Tulamben where there is the Liberty Shipwreck close to the beach. if you're interested I can give you a couple of dive shops to check out their websites. I can also recommend a driver based in Amed.

It will be fairly hot & humid, sometimes short showers, other times longer periods of rain, cloudy or sunny. I was there at Christmas, it didn't rain very much actually & most showers were short & weren't a problem.

Ursie

leicestershire
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: new to bali

Ok thanks for that

leicestershire
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: new to bali

Ok thanks v much for that - will check it out

leicestershire
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: new to bali

Hi

Thanks for info - will check it out.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,079 posts
91 reviews
7. Re: new to bali

i don't dive but i snorkel. there are dive shops in candidasa and nearby padangbai.

check this site: www.divelite.com which is in candidasa. it may help.

close to shore there is a break wall to protect the shoreline. there may be diving of sorts there.

there are a few offshore islands fron candidasa. gili tepekong (snorkelled off this and it was excellent), gili mempang and gili biaha, which are suppose to be good for diving.

on the opposite side of the bay from candidsa is padangbai which has diving at blue lagoon.

other nearby places are nusa penida and the amed area.

ps visibility varies with currents and seasons.

hope this helps RT

leicestershire
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: new to bali

Hi there

will pass this on to Roger to check out - thanks

9. Re: new to bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 22:49