We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Sanur to Lembongan

Malta
Level Contributor
402 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry from Sanur to Lembongan

The hotel I am planning to stay at in Mushroom Bay Lembongan has offered a return ferry trip from Sanur US$30 per person. Is that reasonable? I am presuming the ferry will take me to Mushroom beach where the hotel is located. I know that the normal ferry is much less, but then I would have to get transport from the harbour to the hotel - so maybe the US$30 isn't so bad after all as it would be hassle free.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
Level Contributor
14,038 posts
317 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Sanur to Lembongan

here is a link to with the various ways to get to lembongan along with the various prices so you can compare.

world-diving.com/world_diving/…

the scoot boat is popular.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Sanur to Lembongan

The Scoot boat or the local ferry will also drop you in Mushroom bay weather permitting - the scoot boat is the safest as it is equiped with life jackets/ flares etc - I am not sure what the Mushroom Bay boat has.. the local ferry boat is very basic and costs about $7 return last time I looked... be prepared to go with chickens. laundry etc! loaded to the gills!...

FYI the waters between Nusa Lembongan and Sanur and some of the deepest in the world! it can get quite choppy - It doesn't phase me too much but my husband and daughter have been rather freaked out when we have traveled there and winds/ waves have come up.. my advise would be to take the Scoot - they also a include a complementary pickup /drop back to your hotel service on the mainland and Lembongan as part of your ticket price.

Let me know if you need any more info (PS visiting Dream beach on Nusa Lembongan is a must do!)

Sanur Bali
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Sanur to Lembongan

The scoot boat is now $35 US return. This includes pick up from your hotel, however a hotel drop off upon your return to Bali is not included in that price.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Sanur to Lembongan

When I booked my friends 2 weeks ago they included the drop back to your hotel as part of the $35 dollar deal (when I go I get a special KITAS rate 150,000 return but no lift to and from on the mainland ...)

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
3,079 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry from Sanur to Lembongan

mushroom bay is pretty and $30 seems fine and hassle free.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,697 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry from Sanur to Lembongan

Sorry not quite sure what you mean by 'pretty' I recommend Scoot as they have the best safety standards of all the boats in my experience.

As for hassle.. its all much of a muchness - the Scoot will drop you off in Mushroom bay also.. (and pick you up from your hotel in Bali and drop you at the boat as part of the price) I guess just go with what you feel is easiest to you...

BTW Mushroom Bay is definitely the nicest area to stay in my opinion!

London, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry from Sanur to Lembongan

I am not sure what the 'normal ferry' is but I would definitely stay away from the local boat, unless you really fancy an adventure. My girlfriend and I ended up taking it quite by accident. We had to sit beside a bunch of roosters and, eventhough the water was pretty calm, a young woman beside us started vomitting on board. We were sick for two days after that boat. All in all, it was a fun experience but that's because the weather was calm. On that tiny, packed, ricketying little boat, the slightest squall would have been terrifying.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry from Sanur to Lembongan

I second the Scoot option - you can negotiate it down to Rp150,000 one way when you get there.

Avoid the local/cheap/slow boat. I don't get sea-sick, but that boat nearly made me chuck.

You sit level with the water surface, it has high sides, but the skids will splash you no matter where you sit unless you're right up front.

And heaven forbid, if it ever takes on water, you're done for (life bouys were broken, and they 'kindly' put the flaps down so you don't catch spray, effectively making emergency escape unlikely)

Also, they offered to carry our stuff 10m from the dry sand to the boat and then, rather rudely, demanded Rp 10,000 tip (after about 1km walk from the ticket desk to there, when nobody bothered).

9. Re: Ferry from Sanur to Lembongan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 22:47