We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hair Salon in Bali

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
25 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hair Salon in Bali

Does anyone know of a good place in Seminyak that gives great haircuts? We're looking for a place where the stylists have a good command of English and who have a great amount of experience cutting Westerners hair. We're looking at paying around USD30.

Melbourne
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Hair Salon in Bali

Manik salon charges 300,000rp for a haircut and blow wave by an australian qualified hairdresser with 6yrs experience. I asked how many years! Junior staff charges 200,000rp and have been trained by australian staff. My girlfriend had her hair cut by a junior staff and I had the senior from Australia, amazing cuts and very modern!!! The girl from australia said my hair was very sun bleached on the ends and gave me a free toner, they were very generous and i've never had service like that in australia! i highly recommend manik.

Melbourne
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Hair Salon in Bali

Manik salon charges 300,000rp for a haircut and blow wave by an australian qualified hairdresser with 6yrs experience. I asked how many years! Junior staff charges 200,000rp and have been trained by australian staff. My girlfriend had her hair cut by a junior staff and I had the senior from Australia, amazing cuts and very modern!!! The girl from australia said my hair was very sun bleached on the ends and gave me a free toner, they were very generous and i've never had service like that in australia! i highly recommend manik.

melbourne
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Hair Salon in Bali

That's incredible!! You can't be for real? I was originally recommended to manik by my boss (very fussy), went there in March this yr, had every service you had done plus eyelash extensions, my hair extensions cost 4mil and they're still in! I haven't even lost one! Had my hair coloured since returning home and my hairdresser said they are the best extensions he's ever seen and he owns a salon in armadale on high st. My acrylic nails were the same quality you would get in melbourne. They explained that they were same price as melbourne because they import their product instead of using the local stuff. I'm now able to have my hair extensions serviced in melbourne as they told me i would. they were honest and open (NO hidden costs), however took longer but then again i was on holiday and relaxed, obviously not like you. I stand by Manik as being the best you can find in indonesia. To top it all off, I was given a glass of wine! Where do you get that? I have emailed manik to thank them for the fantastic service i got! Plus one more thing, we aussies are as fussy as any other country in the world. we have as high standards as in bc!

sydney
Level Contributor
164 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hair Salon in Bali

I had a really good experience at Jonny Andreon in the Discovery Mall. Although not in Seminyak easy to cab there.

I had a creme bath using American treatment, head massage for 1/2 an hour, back & shoulder massage for 20 minutes, wash cut and blow dry, all for 99,000 IDR!!

The cut itself was done with a razor, which initially I was sceptical of, but she did a sensational job and many people have commented on the quality of my hair cut since I have been home.

I am going back to Bali in November and will definitely go back to this salon!

Java, Indonesia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Hair Salon in Bali

Delva, you beat me to the punch.

Yes, simply go to Johnny Andrean. Stylish, modern Indonesian Salon with none of the Aussie prices you are all going on about. If its a good stylish cut you are after, JD will do a more than adequate job.

You will also find similarly professional service at Rudy Hadisuwarno. But I think they are at Sanur, so a little inconvenient for you.

Don't confuse Rudy and Johnny D with the profusion of other "local" hairdressers. No stylish Indonesian would even think of using the hairdressers found along Kuta or Legian. You will find them at Rudys and Johnny Andreans. Ask for their chief stylists.

Another superb chain is Irwan's Team, though they havn't ventured in Bali yet.

Both places have deservedly long waiting lines, esp on the weekend.

BossBoss
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Hair Salon in Bali

Hi my girlfriend and I have just returned from our 20+ trip to Bali, have being going to Manik since it opened and have been more than please with their service and professionalism. We have pedicure's acrylic nails, massage's,facials's, hair cut and colour and treatments and couldn't be happier with them. The staff are very friendly and Maria (the owner) is on the ball and watches over all their work.

HIGHLY recommend them.

Kerrie

yattalunga
4 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Hair Salon in Bali

hello

can you just tell me around how much does it cost to get acrylic nails.

thankyou

Perth
2 posts
Save Reply
18. Re: Hair Salon in Bali

Hey

Just wondering how much it cost you for your extension and are they real human hairs... Cheers for you help

Perth
2 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Hair Salon in Bali

Hey

I read you comment bout the hair extensions. Could you please let me know if they are human hair and if u have a email address or a web address for this place..

Elinor

melbourne,VIC
1 post
Save Reply
20. Re: Hair Salon in Bali

hi,

i'm heading to bali in november and was wonderig how much the manik human hair extentions cost? did they last and how long were they? thanks :)