We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Bali - 11 days

4 posts
First time to Bali - 11 days

Hi there,

Hubby and I are travelling to Bali for 11 days arriving 12th March.

I’m really interested in heading to Ubud for a few days first to check out the terraces, monkey forest, cooking classes and temples etc. Can anyone recommend other places to spend a few days In Bali? Or must do’s?

We like shopping, touristy things, great food and would like to hit the town for a night or two.

Cheers and thanks

5 replies to this topic
Mortdale, Australia
Level Contributor
2,466 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: First time to Bali - 11 days

Seminyak fits your criteria

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
23,144 posts
70 reviews
2. Re: First time to Bali - 11 days

I agree with Gidget - https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

4 posts
3. Re: First time to Bali - 11 days

Seminyak looks like a good spot to base ourselves. Thanks!

Hamilton, New...
Level Contributor
281 posts
4. Re: First time to Bali - 11 days

Hi Melissa, you may want check this link

https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/ShowTopic-g294…

australia
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
5. Re: First time to Bali - 11 days

Hi, when making your accommodation choices have a good luck at a map and understand the area of Ubud and Seminyak. Both areas are large and it’s important that you find a a central point. Accommodation can be listed as Ubud and be kilometres away from the centre. When you have an itinerary for Ubud area it will determine how long to stay in Ubud and Seminyak.

Seminyak doesn’t have any cultural activities although you could go to Tanah Lot. You could visit Sangeh Monkey Forest from Seminyak. I like it better than the monkey forest in Ubud; monkeys are better behaved and the gardens are very peaceful. The gardens are popular for Balinese wedding photos which is a bonus. Of course, you’re already in Ubud so can see the monkeys there. Do read up about the dos and donts at the Ubud monkey forest.

I very much enjoyed the Casa Luna Cooking School in Ubud run by Australian Janet de Neefe, author of two cooks books. There are other classes recommended by TA members.

Love Seminyak and end our Bali trip there after Ubud. Great shopping, excellent restaurants/cafes, beach bars. Couple of markets.

Have fun planning. Cheers.

Reply to: First time to Bali - 11 days
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted