We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fat gajah seminyak

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
85 posts
29 reviews
fat gajah seminyak

Can someone who is in the Seminyak area let me know if fat gajah has closed. Have been trying to ring to book and then saw something on facebook from the owners that there is some sort of dispute. Just want to verify that the restuarant is open or closed. And if not open what is another good restuarant in that vicinity, Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
22,991 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: fat gajah seminyak

Have you tried messaging them through their Facebook page, if you've not had replies via their website or phone, as it appears to still be operating.

There are fairly recent reviews.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Re…

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
85 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: fat gajah seminyak

have tried messaging but there was something about the owners leaving Bali. There was a comment that they had tried their best but were leaving Bali. I had seen the reviews that were only left a few days ago so just trying to verify they are closed. Have been waiting to come to Bali to go to the restuarant and now it appears it may not happen. so looking for a similar type of restuarant close by.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,679 posts
206 reviews
3. Re: fat gajah seminyak

Hi,

Disappointingly I think it has.

I went there about two weeks ago for lunch to see the shutters down and a note saying “closed for ceremony”.

However I’ve passed it many times since and it’s never open and the shutters are still down.

Cheers

Orange County...
Level Contributor
784 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: fat gajah seminyak

Bummer. Was looking forward to trying it. :(

Melbourme
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: fat gajah seminyak

Yes, we went there yesterday and all closed up ... very disappointed because it’s one of our faves. I hope they re-open and let everybody know where they’ve relocated to.

Melbourme
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
6. Re: fat gajah seminyak

Yes, we went there yesterday and all closed up ... very disappointed because it’s one of our faves. I hope they re-open and let everybody know where they’ve relocated to.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,679 posts
206 reviews
7. Re: fat gajah seminyak

Hi,

Me too, loved their blackened tuna salad.

I was trying to think of places doing similar noodles and close by Bo & Bun do a decent Phô, and Nam Nam noodle bar in Petitenget have some good Vietnamese noodles but I can't think of anywhere else doing the type of thing they were doing.

Cheers

Level Contributor
299 posts
8. Re: fat gajah seminyak

Wasn't Fat Gajah owned by the same folk as Chandi on Eat St? Hope that's still there as it's one of our faves.

Reply to: fat gajah seminyak
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted