We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Earthquake

1 post
Bali Earthquake

Hi,

I am planning to be in Bali and Ubud from the 31st-september 4th. After the recent earthquakes and aftershocks, I am reconsidering my trip as far as safety is concerned. The situation has been all over the news and I am worried. Is it advisable to travel during this period or is it better I stay away?

14 replies to this topic
lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,679 posts
206 reviews
1. Re: Bali Earthquake

Hi,

There are many other threads on the first page of the forum discussing this, please read them.

Just to repeat, there have been no earthquakes in Bali itself, some tremors from the Lombok earthquakes have been felt in Bali but have caused minimal/no damage here.

Cheers

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Bali Earthquake

Do your research & base your decision on that research & what is best for you & your situation

Cheers Mac 😎😎

Shepperton, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
3. Re: Bali Earthquake

Hi there! We are in Bali now - in Nusa Dua at moment (since Thursday) and before that 3 days in Ubud. It has been fine for us - we felt the Sunday 19th tremors at 11pm & evacuated room (along with other guests) as we were on top floor (4th) at Melia Resort and apparently you feel it more the higher up you are in a hotel. It was unnerving but no damage anywhere here. Hotels have alarms and signs of places to go in case of earthquakes (& Tsunami which is very rare). We have had the most fantastic time here and Ubud is amazing. I wouldn’t have missed it for the world. But it’s down to your own personal circumstances, opinions & worries. I’m here with my husband & 2 teenage sons & it’s been a real adventure ... including the aftershock shakes! Enjoy if you come! xxx

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
9,144 posts
60 reviews
4. Re: Bali Earthquake

Read this...the whole thread, then decide.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,387 posts
855 reviews
5. Re: Bali Earthquake

It is really up to you but the facts are that there hasn't been damage or deaths in Bali and the tourists are still all enjoying themselves. Now Lombok is a different story....

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
14,947 posts
89 reviews
6. Re: Bali Earthquake

As above. Your title is wrong. There has been no earthquake in Bali and in living memory and recent history never has been. Never has been a Tsunami.

No idea where you are from but probably guess you have had your fair share of natural disasters in your home country.

Greater Perth...
Level Contributor
877 posts
7. Re: Bali Earthquake

To Post #6 ( a Bali Expert)

Best check Google for Bali earthquakes... there have been several severe earthquakes in Bali - all involving fatalities and property damage since 1917 and as recent as 1976, 1979 and 2004 and affecting the south of Bali.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
299 posts
10 reviews
8. Re: Bali Earthquake

There has been an earthquake in Bali in nusa dua!

https:/…List_of_earthquakes_in_Indonesia

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,782 posts
69 reviews
9. Re: Bali Earthquake

Jackie, for the life of me, I can’t find a reference to Nusa Dua in the link you provided? Admittedly, I’m a bit weary after the overnight flight home..,

Palak, I returned home from Bali this morning and experienced the shakes in Ubud caused by Sunday night’s earthquake in Lombok. It’s an unsettling experience for sure but there was no damage there and certainly no injuries or deaths. There are, of course, no guarantees about future events but that can be said of any place in the world, really. There is very good information and advice on the link provided by CBimages.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
18 reviews
10. Re: Bali Earthquake

I have been in Sanur, Amed near Mount Agung and Ubud for the last 2 weeks. As has been said, no one can know what is goi g to happen and you know how risk tolerant you are. I have been enjoying my time although being earthquake prepared is on my mind and the earthquake we felt on Sunday was a little unnerving. I would say keep updated with reliable information and then make an informed decision.

Reply to: Bali Earthquake
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted