We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where should i stay in Bali ?

Faridabad, India
7 posts
Where should i stay in Bali ?

I dont know anything about Bali and we are a couple and planning to visit Bali in december.

Can someone suggest in which area I should look for hotels ?

Also please share some tips for Bali

12 replies to this topic
Cranbourne...
Level Contributor
8,454 posts
131 reviews
1. Re: Where should i stay in Bali ?

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

Faridabad, India
7 posts
2. Re: Where should i stay in Bali ?

Thank you 😊

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,347 posts
839 reviews
3. Re: Where should i stay in Bali ?

The commonest areas where visitors tend to stay are:

- Kuta

- Legian

- Seminyak

- Canggu

- Jimbaran

- Nusa Dua

- Sanur

- Ubud

There are many others too but these are the main areas. If you research a little on each area you can get a better idea what each place has to offer and whether it would be suitable for you.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
23,339 posts
177 reviews
4. Re: Where should i stay in Bali ?

Just mentioning that December is the rainy season. It probably won’t rain every day, but it will rain.

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
9,094 posts
60 reviews
5. Re: Where should i stay in Bali ?

Plan on staying in the area that is near the activities and sightseeing you will be doing. This will avoid you sitting in a car for hours each day travelling to these areas.

You do have some plans for things to do and see?????? If not, you better do some research first.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,591 posts
59 reviews
6. Re: Where should i stay in Bali ?

Hi kc - it really depends what sort of place you are looking for in terms of feel and what you plan on doing. Are you looking for a beach holiday, somewhere busy, somewhere quiet, something cultural, surfing, diving etc. Also consider that Bali is quite easy to travel around so you could think about staying in a couple of different places depending on how much time you have.

Canggu, Indonesia
1 post
1 review
7. Re: Where should i stay in Bali ?

You might be better off and especially save some of your money for great trips around the island, when you stay in a guesthouse or shared house. I can highly recommend https://www.airbnb.de/rooms/27470982/

It’s located in the Southwestern part of Bali, close to the hotspot Canggu. But still in a more kind of traditional and real Bali village.

You will find yourself surrounded by rice fields and near to uncrowded beaches.

Yet it’s not too far from the tourist area with bars, restaurants and boutiques every 20 meters.

The best way to get around and explore the area is by motorbike. That makes you independent and you will experience the Balinese way of life much better.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,591 posts
59 reviews
8. Re: Where should i stay in Bali ?

Hi Sebastian - would you be the same Sebastian who helps with hospitality at that property or is that just sheer coincidence?

Faridabad, India
7 posts
9. Re: Where should i stay in Bali ?

Rainy? I did not know this...

Is it advisable to visit bali ?

Faridabad, India
7 posts
10. Re: Where should i stay in Bali ?

Hi Happynoodleboy,

I am actually looking for a happening place....i mean beach , night life, shopping and all those things...

Edited: 22 August 2018, 16:43
Reply to: Where should i stay in Bali ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted