We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

30/10 Garuda system glitch for flights

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
30/10 Garuda system glitch for flights

Apparently Garuda have had a system glitch for this day so all flights have disappeared. I got an email advising me of a flight delay and a rebooking via Jakarta but Garuda Sydney (and what a really helpful bunch of people they are, seriously) said DO NOT accept the change. If you do, it'll be at your expense. They did tell their providers about this but obviously Webjet (in my case) sent the email before they go told.

If you've received anything - don't take any action, just sit tight and wait for an update to be sent to you. Or call Garuda in Sydney to get some actual customer service (a rare thing).

Mentioned in this post
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
6 replies to this topic
Perth
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 30/10 Garuda system glitch for flights

Be aware Garuda do have a habit of changing flight times, and of late cancelling flights.

They then rebook passengers on neighbouring flights so that flights are full.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,735 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 30/10 Garuda system glitch for flights

Hang in there Mel, not too long to go now.

Yeah Garuda completely stuffed our July/August booking. They cancelled our original flights, both departure and return, only to reinstate them 2 months later, long after I was forced to make additional hotel arrangements (all at my expense). This is all due to the serious cost cutting they are undergoing. It appears that some bright spark at the airline comes up with a wise idea to reduce costs but forgets to clear it with their superiors/executives first, so everything ultimately gets reversed after the damage is already done to customers.

Cheers.

Edited: 08 August 2018, 07:29
Sydney
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 30/10 Garuda system glitch for flights

That's not good news Freshy, for you or me. I suspect I've stepped in a very nasty mess. At least Garuda in Sydney have been very helpful on the phone.

And I'm flying business so I really hope that counts for something when they're cleaning it all up.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 30/10 Garuda system glitch for flights

And they were doing so well for a while.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 30/10 Garuda system glitch for flights

As mentioned it's all about cost cutting: more bums on seats.

This is due to competition.

Having said that I paid 10% less with Garuda this time.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 30/10 Garuda system glitch for flights

I've just seen that my flight has re-appeared in my Garuda booking on their site so if there is anyone else out there affected, you should be OK now. It's still a direct one from Denpasar so I'm baffled how Webjet got the idea that I'd be rebooked via Jakarta.

I'll never know what happened at Garuda's end - the website's probably running from a PC stashed in someone's garden shed, it's seriously woeful.

Mentioned in this post
Denpasar
Denpasar
Bali, Indonesia
Jakarta
Jakarta
Java, Indonesia
Reply to: 30/10 Garuda system glitch for flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted