We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

£100 a day budget for a couple in bali

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
£100 a day budget for a couple in bali

So all hotels booked with breakfast. Budget for meals drinks and excursions for 18 days.

We stay

Seminyak 4 nights proposed tour tannah lot

4 nights ubud monkey, white water rafting rice terraces and temples

4 nights Gilis general chill

5 nights Kuta chill again.

I hoping this would be a good budget to have a lovely enjoyable holiday.

We are not big drinkers couple beers a night maybe a couple nights had a good good drink. Meals in some nice places but also side of the road warings

6 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
238 posts
1 review
1. Re: £100 a day budget for a couple in bali

It should be fine. Your only bigger expenses will be white water rafting and the travel to Gili T. It could be cheaper if you don't take fast boats.

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,731 posts
60 reviews
2. Re: £100 a day budget for a couple in bali

Alright crutchley - your main expense is going to be a fast boat to the Gilis which could cost up to a total of £140 for a return for the two of you depending on the operator. But otherwise if you've got 9 days of chilling you won't be spending that much so this will counteract the cost of the excursions and Gili boat. I wouldn't be surprised if you came back home with change.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
5,885 posts
119 reviews
3. Re: £100 a day budget for a couple in bali

You'll do fine on that budget. You might like to consider flying to the Gilis.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
90 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: £100 a day budget for a couple in bali

Well when I say Kuta I mean Kuta lombok so plan is boat from Bali to Gili T 2 night then boat to Gili Air 2 nights... boat to lombok then flight back from lombok to Bali... would you still suggest flight with this itinery?

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
15,350 posts
95 reviews
5. Re: £100 a day budget for a couple in bali

Hi crutchley,

nothing wrong with your itinerary but as said above factor in everything.

We don't do fancy or pretentious restaurants so in Ubud we might spend under IDR200k at lunch and maybe just over IDR300k in the evening. Each with a couple of beers (well me anyway).

SO IDR500k for a couple per day for food ~ 27quid

Whitewater Rafting. Haggle at a tourist booth. Might get it down to IDR300k each ~ 16quid each

UBUD TO GILI T

if you want to keep the price down then have to stay away from www.bluewater-express.com

www.baliekajaya.com often touted at the tourist booths. You can haggle and you might get a single down to IDR300k. Their boats are ok, they offer free hotel pickups however their drivers can sometimes be unreliable and the recent issues with cancelled services in general (because of poor seastate) their customer service was crapp (see reviews).

www.patagonia-xpress.com are a fairly new company and have a new boat. Not sure if people have been able to haggle with then directly or haggle at a tourist booth for their specific services. They however only have central point pickups in Ubud (at Coco Supermarket)

GILI T TO AIR

There is a regular local fastboat service that basically goes Bangsal - Air - T - Air - T - Bangsal all day.

Has a fixed schedule (basically first one leave Bangsal at 9am, then 10:30 then every hour for the rest of the day).

The fare from Bangsal to Gilis is a flat fare of IDR85k. No idea about interisland.

There are also local public ferries but unreliable timetablewise. Basically starts around 8am from Bangsal and then leaves when the operator thinks its full enough.

AIR TO KUTA LOMBOK

Check with your accommodation of how much they charge for pickup form Bangsal Harbour.

Firstly could get the local fastboat ferry to Bangsal.

When you arrive at Bangsal Harbour it is at the end of a short private road (~500m). Lots of local private drivers waiting around touting for business. Bluebird taxis not allowed to wait. Pony&trap operators offering their services to take you down the private road. If you walk down the end of the private road you will often find Bluebird taxis hanging around.

Bluebirds will be cheaper than the local drivers. Complete guess but I think a bluebird will be at least IDR400k to Kuta Lombok.

Expect the journey to take 2h30.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
6,027 posts
33 reviews
6. Re: £100 a day budget for a couple in bali

You should be fine with your budget, I hope that you take your manners to Bali 🤔

Mac 😎😎

Reply to: £100 a day budget for a couple in bali
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted