We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New location ideas

London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
28 reviews
New location ideas

Sorry me again.. i’ve never been to the region before so really appreciate everyone’s advice I’ve been getting.

We arrive in Bali on Thursday and are spending time in Seminyak, Ubud, Uluwatu & Sanur before we planned to go to Gili T. Obviously given recent events Gili T probably isn’t the best idea, so we now have 4 nights to spend elsewhere.

Where would you recommend? We would like to see somewhere new, and perhaps thought about going to the north? There is a beautiful “glamping” type resort called Menjangan Dynasty Resort there and we thought we could do that stopping at Lovina for a few nights on the way to break up the journey.

Or we could perhaps visit Lembongan if boats would be running? That way we could still have the island experience while keeping quite close to Bali in case anything happens.

Edited: 07 August 2018, 12:05
7 replies to this topic
coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
9,520 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: New location ideas

If you're considering north Bali, here is the list of some things to see and do while there, as well as on the way, to and from.

https://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g29…

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
15,350 posts
95 reviews
2. Re: New location ideas

Hi Kieran,

much depends on your interests.

Also an idea of your exact overall Bali itinerary order especially where these 4 days/Lembongan fits in.

I dive and the wife likes to snorkel so we always have a large chunk of our Bali holidays in those areas.

e.g. This year we went to Amed (as usual) followed by Pemuteran (with lunch in Lovina on the way) then Ubud then Kuta before flying home.

Amed (and Pemuteran) is/are popular for diving/snorkeling and chillaxing.

Amed covers ~ 10km of coastline. Some accommodation can be isolated. Lipah Beach and Jemeluk Bay popular Areas to stay. Lipah has the sandier beach but Jemeluk Bay is very Long with a large choice of accommodation and Warungs.

Snorkeling straight from the beach. At Jemeluk Bay, anywhere along the beach, only Need to go out ~ 10m or so and already snorkeling 1m above the reef:

Can visit Tirta Gangga Water Palace and Pura Lempuyang temples (~ 20mins away). Taman Ujung also not far away.

PEMUTERAN is also a well spread out area. We go for the diving/snorkeling/chillaxing. Just do local dives/snorkeling.

"Menjangan Island" snorkeling/diving trips are IMO a tourist ripoff. On top of any "cost/price" whether water based activities or going for a walk in the park there are the additional Marine Park/National Park fees of IDR200k (300k weekends).

We stay at http://tamansaribali.com/ - just have to walk down the beach a little to fall in snorkeling.

NEXT year in Bali we are popping over to Flores/LBJ for 3 or 4 days to do do some diving/snorkeling and a trip to Rinca for the Komodo Dragons.

Edited: 07 August 2018, 13:42
London, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: New location ideas

Thanks for the reply. Our itinerary is:

9th - 12th Seminyak

12th - 14th Uluwatu

14th - 16th Ubud

16th - 20th Gili T - these are the dates we're looking to move

20th - 23rd Sanur

23rd on to Singapore.

We are moving around a lot and do have 20kg of Luggage so don't know if it will be better staying in one place for the extra four nights rather than more than one hotel in that time? We are exploring both days we are in Ubud, so we could maybe add an extra night there to relax and then spend 3 nights in Amed or Lovina. Do you really not think that Island is worth it? It's a 5* resort and does look amazing - very expensive though like you say, but this is a once in a lifetime trip so happy to pay extra if something is worth it.

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
9,520 posts
60 reviews
4. Re: New location ideas

With just 2 days in Ubud, stay there the extra time. 2 days is not enough at all to experience the Ubud district.

Singapore
Level Contributor
243 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: New location ideas

I'd suggest adding another day in Ubud.. and from there head over to north Bali, Lovina, with a stop at Ulun Danu Beratan Lake Temple enroute, Lovina attractions - early morning dolphin watching, Sekumpul Waterfalls, Banjar Hot Spring

Otherwise, since you were wanting to head out to Gili T, you could head out to Nusa Lembongan instead, which is nearer to Sanur, which is your next destination.

6. Re: New location ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2018, 01:14

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
15,350 posts
95 reviews
7. Re: New location ideas

Hi Kieran,

This year we did DPS - transfer directly to Amed - Pemuteran - Ubud - Kuta.

The wife had her normal 20kg and me closer to 30kg with all my dive gear.

Very easy to move around as your stuff is in a car. We always use the same driver (from Tulamben) to pick us up from DPS and also same driver to transfer from Amed to Pemuteran. We also use the same driver when going to/from Amed to/from Ubud.

In fact as we'd unpacked I had my large suitcase minus my dive gear as it was all in my big day divebag.

When you've a large vehicle and only 2 people it is easy. Driver always loads/unloads the gear and the Hotels collect/bring your gear.

From Taman Sari Pemuteran to Ubud we used the Taman Sari Hotel driver. He was actually cheaper than the "oft" recommended Ubud based drivers.

Edited: 08 August 2018, 20:43
Reply to: New location ideas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted