We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jbr Part 1

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Jbr Part 1

Just back to NZ from Bali. There was myself , friend, and my daughter, thereafter to be referred to as I, Ms56 and Miss 18..3 females. Got good cheap flights (for Nz standards) $600.00 return via Melbourne. All went well. Our driver (4th visit) picked us up from the airport. We decided not to take any checked in luggage this time and it was a great idea. Will do again. Had a smooth dive up to Padangbai where we had two nights at Ok spa and resort. We had booked to go to the Gili Islands but it wasnt long before we were made aware of the huge waves and rough seas. Patagonia gave us the option of waiting or applying for a refund. We opted for the refund as it was still a few days til the Govt was due to lift the fastboat ban. We could have got the slow ferry but after hearing how slow it was and looking over to see the huge crowds waiting we decided to cut our loses so went on booking.com, cancelled all our accom and then decided what we would do. We enjoyed the 2 days in Padangbai..funnily enough was Miss 18s fav place. She liked that it was a small port town. Also I think the outdoor movie showing at Topi was a winner. She is movie mad!Best coffee was at Aroma Cafe. We went to the restaurant at Bloo Lagoon..cool place up a winding staircase to fantastic views. Anyway we decided to get a snorkelling fix in Amed. Driver took us up there and was nice to be back . Stayed at Sahera Hotel..Miss 18 booked it..$51 for the room, lovely pool.Good value for money.We had a day at Lipah Beach and the snorkelling was good.Usual problems with borrowed but nothing we couldnt fix with a hair tie and a clip!

Next day we decided to head to Sideman as we had never been there before . A lot of accom booked out but scored top 2 rooms at the Shantiasa Villa. It has 2 rooms upstairs , 2 down and gorgeous setting. Absolutely beautiful. Infinity pool lovely. had the best massage on a table in the garden listening to roosters. They will deliver drinks and even dinner to your balcony. We could only get a night but was still nice and decided to head to Ubud for the next 6 days...to be continued or I risk losing my audience due to excessive prattle!!!

10 replies to this topic
coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
9,116 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: Jbr Part 1

Thanks for the report so far....looking forward to the next instalment

Orange County...
Level Contributor
782 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Jbr Part 1

Sounds like a lovely, relaxing time. Can’t wait for Part 2!

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Jbr Part 1

Great report. Glad you are all enjoying your hols even tho your plans changed. Great thing about Bali there is always something amazing around the corner.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Jbr Part 1

Thank you for the report.

I"m in Bali now but too lazy to write a report as good.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
39 reviews
5. Re: Jbr Part 1

Thanks for the report, please prattle some more!

😂 sounds like the roosters were delivering dinner and drinks!

Brisbane
Level Contributor
829 posts
56 reviews
6. Re: Jbr Part 1

Sounds like a great few days. Padangbai and Amed are two places I am interested in visiting.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
7. Re: Jbr Part 1

hee hee...it does..clever roosters!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,800 posts
32 reviews
8. Re: Jbr Part 1

Thanks for your report

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
57 reviews
9. Re: Jbr Part 1

Nice report. I like hearing about trips that take in the less commonly frequented locations.

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
178 posts
36 reviews
10. Re: Jbr Part 1

Here now and only 2 more sleeps to go until we head back home, loved reading your report. Went to Sideman yesterday on a day trip, very peaceful and looked like lots of accomodation options, hopefully next time we can spend some days in Ubud,have only ever stayed in Legian and Seminyak. Hope it’s not to too cold back home!

Reply to: Jbr Part 1
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted