We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali attire - February - One for the girls

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Bali attire - February - One for the girls

My other half is already fussing about her wardrobe, and is very keen to get organised.

Could you guys give us an idea of your wear, especially in the evenings. Fairly high temps, and humid weather suggest to me that Im going to be living and dying in my short, tshirts and flip flops.

We are not the kind that want to dress up of an evening really, especially when on holiday, but I think this really is a girl thing....... as always any share info is very welcome

Kind regards

Paul (and on behalf of my good lady Teresa)

18 replies to this topic
fairhaven
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bali attire - February - One for the girls

Oh Paul, what an excellent partner you are!! Whereabouts in Bali are you going to?? I know on my first trip I took a pair of wedges which were never worn. I always take one nice dress and a pair of sandals as we usually go somewhere swish for one evening. The rest of the time I’m in shorts or a skirt with thongs( flip flops on) Bali is the kind of place where you will find people in all sorts of attire. No long pants needed at all, I did take a travel hairdryer with me this time as my hair seems to get out of control over there!! Don’t forget your sunscreen, have a wonderful time!! x

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
277 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bali attire - February - One for the girls

We fell in love with Bali 4 years ago on our first trip and now we are on our 12th trip .. I still overpack lol.

Lihhtweight,loose and comfortable is the key. I take shorts and loose tops and flip flops and sandals and lots of bikini tops. So much lovely cheap cotton clothing available that you can buy what you need out there. Most UK summer clothes are too warm for Bali. I've ditched the linen trousers for a few lightweight cotton shorts. I take lots of sunscreen at factor 50 and 30 as it's so much cheaper to buy here in UK. Enjoy your holiday, make the most of every moment there 🙏

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bali attire - February - One for the girls

Thanks very much for your information, I think you have both covered the subject very well. Tre lives and dies in her flip flops all summer here in the UK. Im sure she is the only UK girl I know that has an australian suntan ;)

We both thought for exploring though, some form of Reef sandals would be more practical. when its comes to the hair dryer, does UK voltage devices work ok in Bali?

We are staying in Ubud, Sanur and Gili T

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,220 posts
834 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bali attire - February - One for the girls

Personally I think you can both wear whatever you like, although bikinis might be inappropriate when going out in the evening time. T-shirts, shorts, sandals or flip flops, loose blouses, it doesn't really matter too much. Bear in mind that long pants and socks and long sleeved shirts mean less mosquito bites.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,212 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bali attire - February - One for the girls

Shorts, loose sleveless tops, sandals and thongs (flip flops) is all I need even when out for dinner but then we only eat in local warungs or basic restaurants, we're not into the flashy touristy restaurants and past the nightclub scene

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bali attire - February - One for the girls

Thanks Ladies, you have hit the jackpot with your replies. Better half is happy with what she needs to buy, and there was me thinking that she had all the clothing already........

gold coast
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bali attire - February - One for the girls

Oh Paul surely you jest! Shopping pre holiday is a must! Can I also suggest a few pairs of swimwear as they don't always dry very well in the humidity. I also highly recommend packing more rather than less underwear!

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bali attire - February - One for the girls

Very very casual and as cool as you can if you feel the heat. You can get laundry done very cheaply while you are there, usually within 24 hours, although it can be roughly done (don't trust them with delicate fabrics).

Comfy shoes that will cope with walking through puddles as you'll probably have a bit of rain in Feb which is at the end of the monsoon season.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
14,675 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bali attire - February - One for the girls

Mrs Pigsty has a couple of light one piece dresses that she can throw on .. and easily washable and light skirts and tshirts.

She lives in a pair of light walking sandals from Karrimor that she got from Sports Direct in the UK.

Handy if walking a lot sightseeing and don't slip when going up down paths to waterfalls etc.

https:/…

Her mum stole them so she got another pair in Plymouth this year at Easter before we went to Bali in May.

Munich
Level Contributor
1,058 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bali attire - February - One for the girls

2 things that i must take is 1. Aqua/ reef shoes,most of the south beaches are filled with sharp dead corals and north are pebbly 2. Dry bag with some bubble foam to protect my dslrs/phones

Clothing, i just buy those loose fitting cheap ones to be thrown away after Bali trip, the amount of sweat really does spoil my good clothes :-)

Reply to: Bali attire - February - One for the girls
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted