We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to hire private driver for different towns in bali

New York
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
How to hire private driver for different towns in bali

I've repeatedly seen the post that one shouldn't drive in bali and to hire a private driver. But I rarely see actual companies listed or suggestions on how to do this. Or forgive me, my eyes are too googly from all the research that I'm not seeing them. Please tell me how to hire a driver and preferably ahead if my trip. 2 adults for 10 days aug 30 to sat Sept 8. Arrival from yogyakarta then 2 night in amed relaxing then sightseeing on way to ubud with 5 nights in ubud with some day trips north then last 2 nights in seminyak with day trips to nusa dua and jimbaran then back to airport.

Mentioned in this post
Yogyakarta
Yogyakarta
Java, Indonesia
8 replies to this topic
Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to hire private driver for different towns in bali

Pretty easy to find drivers on the streets and choose one who suits. You might like to hire a driver when you arrive to take you to Amed just to avoid the hassle on arrival at the airport.. Message me if you would like the contact details of a very reliable and knowledgable driver who is based in Ubud and if he is not booked up, could drive you to Amed, pick you up from there etc

Edited: 06 August 2018, 19:30
Mentioned in this post
Amed
Amed
Abang, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,422 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to hire private driver for different towns in bali

Hi Colleen. We always use a lovely young driver named Gede, who could help you out with your last few days. He has a very clean, modern vehicle with good rates. His mobile number is 085237109442 and e-mail address is : made.baragan@yahoo.com

Have a great holiday.

New York
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How to hire private driver for different towns in bali

Thanks!

Question...will these drivers take you to the sights you want and wait or just drop off? Do you have them for a certain number of hours and price goes by the hour or by the day? Are there companies that can be booked in all the different 3 towns I'm going to or do I need a different company in each town? It would be better to have 1 company that has drivers in different towns so I have just 1 company to communicate with.

This is the first trip ever that I haven't had a rental or that theres no easy and reliable public transportation and I'm freaking out!

4. Re: How to hire private driver for different towns in bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2018, 16:24
Edited: 08 August 2018, 16:24

5. Re: How to hire private driver for different towns in bali

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2018, 16:24

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
14,253 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to hire private driver for different towns in bali

Hi Colleen,

AMED

Where EXACTLY are you staying in Amed. Amed covers 10km of coastline and some properties can be isolated.

We go every year to Amed (for diving/snorkeling and chillaxing) and transfer directly from DPS on landing. YOu should be aware that it will take the best part of 3hrs to get there.

We use www.moyo-tulamben.com for all our Amed related tours and transfers whether picking up from DPS to Amed or transferring from Amed to Ubud or anywhere else.

He was recommended to me by "cbimages' a few years ago and have used him ever since.

Generally DPS to Amed is IDR450k.

We normally stop in Candidasa at a minimart to pick up some stuff like Water, Mozzie spray etc

PRIVATE DRIVER

You can hire a private Driver for IDR600k ~ $45 for the day (9am to 6/7pm ish). That is for the whole van privately to yourself NOT per Person. You can set your own daily itinerary if you wish. Stop where you want, when you want, eat where and when you want. No fixed "time" itinerary.

Drivers often have itinerary suggestions.

People also use private Drivers for Transfers between destinations.

You can hire drivers for shorter times. Expect 6hrs/Afternoon to be IDR400k.

If you need longer than 9am/6pm ish or early start expect to pay more.

You should be Aware that traffic can be slow going around Bali. Even on longer distances you won't average much more than 30kmh so take this into account when planning.

e.g. we Transfer to Amed on landing. It is not even 90km but invariably takes 3hrs.

Ubud to Seminyak is only 32km but usually take 1h30 during the day.

Please avoid Online Booking/tour agencies with Gimmicks like "lunch and entrance fees included". I've seen These People charging $49 PER PERSON!!!! You can get nice local Food mains for $6. Entrance fees to places like Monkey forest/temples/Waterfall are a couple of $ or free. These organised tours are very fixed itinerary (timewise) and they take you to places they get commission.

In Ubud there is www.ubudtaxi.com They are a Group of local Ubud Drivers who offer tours and Transfers.

Also recommended is www.ubudareatours.com

In both instances you are dealing directly with the driver.

TRANSFERS

Turn transfers into mini-sightseeing tours. Save allocating a specific day.

e.g there are a couple of routes from Amed to Ubud. One over Sideman other over the coast. Can easily fit in Tirta Gangga Water Palace. Can easily visit Kertha Gosa (if voer Sideman) or Go Lawah (over coast).

Clsoer to Ubud there is Kanto Lampo cascade. Slight detour Beji Guwang 'Hidden Canyon' and Tegenungan Waterfall

Ubud to Seminyak simply do Taman Ayun temple gardens and Tanah Lot.

ACTIVITIES

Activities include free transport so do not need a driver.

Mentioned in this post
Amed
Amed
Abang, Indonesia
Bali Ngurah Rai Airport
Bali Ngurah Rai Airport
Denpasar, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Candidasa
Candidasa
Karangasem, Indonesia
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Seminyak
Seminyak
Kuta District, Indonesia
Tirta Gangga
Tirta Gangga
2,642 Reviews
Karangasem, Indonesia
Beji Ubud Resort
Beji Ubud Resort
701 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Tegenungan Waterfall
Tegenungan Waterfall
3,195 Reviews
Ubud, Indonesia
Taman Ayun Temple
Taman Ayun Temple
1,434 Reviews
Mengwi, Indonesia
Tanah Lot
Tanah Lot
Bali, Indonesia
Perth, WA
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
5,588 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How to hire private driver for different towns in bali

We used Family Bali Tours for multiple place stays. We found them to be very professional in respect to communication and arrangements and the prices charged to be very reasonable. The cars used were in good condition and the drivers were friendly, polite and punctual with excellent english language skills. We were contacted the day before to confirm arrangements with enquiries for any changes etc. I have no hesitation in recommending them for what you need. www.familybalitours.com.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
821 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to hire private driver for different towns in bali

We nearly always find drivers by googling, and that often gives us better rates. However, knowledge of Indonesian language helps for that. Use the recommendations given here by other posters and WhatsApp the drivers to confirm where you want to visit and the price charged. Many recommended drivers are charging IDR600k for 8 or 10 hours per vehicle all inclusive of petrol.

FYI, I usually drive myself in Bali and I find it fairly safe compared to Bandung where I currently live.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Bandung
Bandung
West Java, Indonesia
Reply to: How to hire private driver for different towns in bali
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted