We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nusa Lembongan/Nusa Penida - Earthquake update?

London, United...
8 posts
Nusa Lembongan/Nusa Penida - Earthquake update?

Hi,

I cant seem to find any information on whether Nusa Lembongan or Nusa Penida has been affected by Earthquake?

Please can somebody advise?

15 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
767 posts
75 reviews
1. Re: Nusa Lembongan/Nusa Penida - Earthquake update?

We are in Lembongan, apart from a shake all is back to normal here.

1 post
1 review
2. Re: Nusa Lembongan/Nusa Penida - Earthquake update?

Everything is still running smoothly on the Nusa islands and hasn't been affected by the earthquake as far as I'm aware.

London, United...
8 posts
3. Re: Nusa Lembongan/Nusa Penida - Earthquake update?

thank you for your help!

1 post
4. Re: Nusa Lembongan/Nusa Penida - Earthquake update?

Yes please is there any info on going to the Nusa Islands? My boyfriend and I were meant to stay on Nusa Lembongan for a week from Thursday but not sure if we should cancel it now due to it being unsafe with the earthquakes and tsunami warning.

Please any advice ?

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,772 posts
206 reviews
5. Re: Nusa Lembongan/Nusa Penida - Earthquake update?

Hi.

There is no issue on Lembongan, the earthquake epicentre was a long way from Lembongan and although it was felt there it was not strong enough to do any damage and lasted about 20 seconds.

The tsunami warning was issued for Lombok and lifted 90 minutes after it had been issued.

There is no reason to cancel a visit to Lembongan as long as you realise that you have chosen to take a vacation in a region where earthquakes can happen from time to time. The vast majority of the 6 million or so foreign visitors to Bali every year experience no problems.

Cheers

London, United...
8 posts
6. Re: Nusa Lembongan/Nusa Penida - Earthquake update?

Hi Rio,

as the guys above said Nusa islands appear to be running as normal with no significant damage. I contacted the hotel we are planning on staying at they confirmed that there has been no damage in the area.

Obviously we cannot predict if anything will happen in the coming weeks but at the moment they appear OK.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
7. Re: Nusa Lembongan/Nusa Penida - Earthquake update?

My daughter is on Nusa Penida and visited Nusa Lembongan today. They did feel the earthquake but she said as far as she can tell there is no damage - at least from what she has seen.

4 posts
8. Re: Nusa Lembongan/Nusa Penida - Earthquake update?

Hi,

Would you still say it is safe to travel to the Nusa Islands? I'm supposed to be traveling there on Monday.

Thanks in advance.

England
Level Contributor
111 posts
45 reviews
9. Re: Nusa Lembongan/Nusa Penida - Earthquake update?

You need to make your own mind up: it may be absolutely fine for years to come or there may be another incident tomorrow. It’s ok at the moment though, and that’s all you can go on.

Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
10. Re: Nusa Lembongan/Nusa Penida - Earthquake update?

My daughter is also on Nusa Lembongan and is fine. She is going to continue her stay till the 25th August. Hope this helps.

Reply to: Nusa Lembongan/Nusa Penida - Earthquake update?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted