We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Earthquake thread. All questions here!!

fairhaven
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
29 reviews
Earthquake thread. All questions here!!

Hi all. Can I just make a suggestion. Perhaps rather than having 10 different earthquake threads going at the same time, perhaps just have one. Just saves the same questions bring asked over and over and everyone’s news and thoughts on the same page. Just an idea. Stay safe all and 🙏 to Lombok x

422 replies to this topic
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
764 posts
75 reviews
1. Re: Earthquake thread. All questions here!!

Hi babycakes,

Good idea as those of us in Bali at present can give assurances to those with concerns.

Heartfelt sympathies to all those who lost or had loved ones injured. Tazmo has posted drop off points for those who are in Bali and can make a difference.

We are in Nusa Lembongan at present. Wi fi is hit and miss today, this is the first time I have been able to access the forum since about an hour before the quake last night.

We certainly felt it last night, and the aftershocks during the night.

Apparently it was felt from Lovina to Seminyak and there was damage in Amed, Denpasar, the Airport and I heard one of the large shopping centres,

Cannot confirm all this as we have not had Internet. Just from what the locals have been saying from the News.

Agung the volcano has not been affected.

Flights have not been affected as we could still see them arriving and leaving last night after the earthquake happened.

Not sure about the Gilis heard Meno had some damage and a jetty has also been damaged but not sure on which Island.

For those thinking of canceling their holidays please reconsider as everything is as normal here on the beach in Lembongan and I am sure the rest of the main Island Bali.

Cheers everyone and safe travels

fairhaven
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Earthquake thread. All questions here!!

Thanks Tim, good info. Have been enjoying your posts. I thought it was a good idea but as most people seem to be too lazy to read, they go and stsrt another thread!! Enjoy Lembongan ( we have often had no electricity there!!) x

Perth
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: Earthquake thread. All questions here!!

Good luck with that idea babycakes.

I will do my bit by bumping up this post, but there are about 20 or 30 active threads already, not 10.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
39 reviews
4. Re: Earthquake thread. All questions here!!

All back to normal here in Sanur.

It's as if nothing happened last night.

However, I feel sorry for victims elsewhere in Bali and Islands.

Rosebud, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
5. Re: Earthquake thread. All questions here!!

We are travelling to bali in 3 weeks time and spending 6 nights on nusa lembongan. Should we reconsider travelling to bali now.

Mortdale, Australia
Level Contributor
2,561 posts
45 reviews
6. Re: Earthquake thread. All questions here!!

Good for you BC...hopefully this will work.

Mortdale, Australia
Level Contributor
2,561 posts
45 reviews
7. Re: Earthquake thread. All questions here!!

Great info Tim...happy to hear NL is ok...spoke to Kadek (she wears glasses) and Ayu from Tarci today..was relieved to hear all are safe and life on lembongan remains safe and relaxing

Perth
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
39 reviews
8. Re: Earthquake thread. All questions here!!

Just had a massage.

Happy to report didn't have to run out on street 'in jocks only' unlike last night during tremor.

Edited: 06 August 2018, 15:49
fairhaven
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
29 reviews
9. Re: Earthquake thread. All questions here!!

Thanks balirunner, the visuals are frightening!!! xx

Perth
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
39 reviews
10. Re: Earthquake thread. All questions here!!

Latest local news update:

91 dead

Nearly 500 injured

More than 10,000 homeless.

All not good!

Reply to: Earthquake thread. All questions here!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted