We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for first time diving in Bali, near Seminyak

New Delhi
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for first time diving in Bali, near Seminyak

I will be staying in Seminyak and want to go diving while I'm there. I have never been before, and will be probably be doing it alone. Does anyone have any recommendations for diving sites/companies that are good and have larger groups that you can join? Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
8,646 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for first time diving in Bali, near Seminyak

There is no diving anywhere near the area you will be staying so any diving will involve a lot of travel time (4-6 hours). And as you are not certified, you will need to do some training. These "courses" are called such things as Discover Scuba, or Introductory Dive, but you will not have any certification after doing them. I think that the nearest dive shop to you will be Scuba Duba Doo Dive Center in Kuta. Otherwise, you will need to go to a dive shop at Sanur.

You should not fly for at least 24 hours following your last dive, so do take that into account when planning. Nor can you dive with a cold, flu, blocked ears etc or if you get asthma. And you must be a good swimmer - if you cannot swim, you cannot dive.

Edited: 06 August 2018, 09:12
Munich
Level Contributor
1,057 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for first time diving in Bali, near Seminyak

Tanvi, There are many operators in Bali, for you the nearest good place is Nusa Lembongan. You can search the tripadvisor and just select the top rated one, you cannot go wrong there. Since you are doing scuba first time and i assume don't plan to do any certification, you will need to go for Try Dive or Discovery Scuba Diving. In this an instructor will first do a basic session in the pool and then take you to 1 or 2 dives (based on.price) in ocean. You may search the dive operator site for the prices, most have them listed.

Actually the nearest for you is Sanur, but you will be spoiling your experience as the visibility is bad and does not paint right picture for Scuba. I would have recommended travelling 2 hours until Padang Bai, but considering you are only 1 diving, it may not be convicing if you are in a group

Reply to: Recommendations for first time diving in Bali, near Seminyak
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted