We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to travel to Bali now? (Aug 2018)

New Delhi
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Is it safe to travel to Bali now? (Aug 2018)

We have flights booked to Bali later this week (10th Aug), and were planning to stay in Seminyak and Ubud. Given the recent earthquake in Lombok and the tsunami warning, is it safe to travel?

71 replies to this topic
Mortdale, Australia
Level Contributor
2,552 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: Is it safe to travel to Bali now? (Aug 2018)

Please read the other similar posts on here.

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
1,190 posts
18 reviews
2. Re: Is it safe to travel to Bali now? (Aug 2018)

Safe!

3 posts
1 review
3. Re: Is it safe to travel to Bali now? (Aug 2018)

Where can i find the other posts? Do you have the links?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
764 posts
75 reviews
4. Re: Is it safe to travel to Bali now? (Aug 2018)

We are in Bali on the Island of Nusa Lembongan. Yes we felt the Earthquake, but all is back to normal today.

The Earthquake was on Lombok an Island half an hours flight away.

Where you are staying some people felt it some did not.

In the long run it is up to you wether you cancel. We will continue our holiday and feel completely safe.

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,507 posts
869 reviews
5. Re: Is it safe to travel to Bali now? (Aug 2018)

There should be no problems at all, unless there is another major earthquake and tsunami. However, nobody can predict earthquakes. On local news they described yesterdays earthquake as the big one so hopefully there will only be minor aftershocks now. But actually we never know and only you can decide.

1 post
6. Re: Is it safe to travel to Bali now? (Aug 2018)

We're in the same boat, scheduled to travel to Bali on the 9th. All stories I read lump both islands effected together so it makes it hard to tell how severe the effects were on Bali specifically.

I'm wondering if Bali is pretty much fully functional and even if it is, is the situation in Lombok so extensive that the local focus in Bali is on helping neighboring Lombok.

We don't want to be the idiot tourists expecting to "vacation" during a serious emergency situation where resources like temporary shelter are needed for residents of Lombok

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Is it safe to travel to Bali now? (Aug 2018)

Hi , hope everything is ok and u are enjoying your stay. What about Nusa Dua is it ok there coz I will fly recently!

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: Is it safe to travel to Bali now? (Aug 2018)

We are also flying out Saturday and feel slightly worried about risk. As I understand Gili Islands are being evacuated but Bali seems okay. Could anyone recommend an alternative to Gili? I think we are just going to take the chance and hope for the best. My friend is in Bali at the moment and he seems fairly calm about it all.

Bali, Indonesia
1 post
9. Re: Is it safe to travel to Bali now? (Aug 2018)

come on guys, I live in bali and is perfectly safe, zero problems...

New Delhi
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Is it safe to travel to Bali now? (Aug 2018)

Thank you for all your responses - they were very helpful.

My family and I will continue with our vacation as planned, and arrive in Bali on the 10th. From what I understand, Bali is extremely prone to earthquakes and the tsunami warning that was issued earlier as a precaution and has now been lifted.

Reply to: Is it safe to travel to Bali now? (Aug 2018)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted