We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali Earthquake - Is bali safe?

Perth, Australia
1 post
Bali Earthquake - Is bali safe?

So there was an earthquake last week in Lombok that killed more then 10 people and now I wake up and there's an even bigger one. Were meant to be flying in tomorrow but i a little concerned. We have booked a villa in seminyak. Is it safe

60 replies to this topic
coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
9,355 posts
60 reviews
1. Re: Bali Earthquake - Is bali safe?

Please read all the other threads.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: Bali Earthquake - Is bali safe?

Unless there’s an enormous hole on the runway your flight will get in.

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
868 reviews
3. Re: Bali Earthquake - Is bali safe?

People are telling me that Bali is basically back to normal. However during the earthquake a family member who works in Legian described not being able to walk or run as the ground was rippling, she later headed over to Uluwatu which is on high ground. But according to other friends it's back to normal. But better check with the villa that all is ok there.

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,241 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: Bali Earthquake - Is bali safe?

This is getting monotonous!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,842 posts
132 reviews
5. Re: Bali Earthquake - Is bali safe?

I’m in kuta and all back to normal. Didn’t see the ground rippling.

I haven’t felt any after shocks today

Bali, Indonesia
1 post
6. Re: Bali Earthquake - Is bali safe?

Lombok was striked by another huge earthquake on Sunday (5 Aug) morning at 7.0 M. Given tsunami warning but lifted soon after. Up 'till this morning, death toll reaches 82 pax, and abt 100+ aftershocks. Tremors felt in parts of Bali including this morning's 5.4M. So far Bali is safe, but please take extra precaution if visiting. Check with local authorities / via your hotel.

2 posts
7. Re: Bali Earthquake - Is bali safe?

We are planning to travel Aug 10th, and we are not sure too.

Barcelona
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
8. Re: Bali Earthquake - Is bali safe?

Same situation but will go.

denpasar
Level Contributor
902 posts
10 reviews
9. Re: Bali Earthquake - Is bali safe?

Bali is back to normal actually , you can come here and do anything as usual..

Just dont go to gilis or nusas for precaution...

Nobody can predict earthquake

Hanmer Springs, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: Bali Earthquake - Is bali safe?

I spoke with friends in Seminyak just now, they were at restaurant having dinner when earthquake struck.... they didn’t feel it and haven’t felt any aftershocks at all, she said everything seems normal.. We are heading to Seminyak on 14th August for two weeks, I am a bit nervous having two kids but we are on a huge faultline where we live in NZ so you can’t really live in fear and try to run away from Mother Nature... we will just be weary and if there is a shake get to higher ground!!!! This may be a stupid question but if there is a tsunami warning after a Lombok quake would it be for entire coastline of Bali or just eastern side??

Thanks

Reply to: Bali Earthquake - Is bali safe?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted