We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long to get to safe zone

Norfolk UK
Level Contributor
69 posts
72 reviews
How long to get to safe zone

Hey guy's

We are coming to Bali in October and staying at New Pondok Sara Villa's in Seminyak

(Jalan Arjuna (Double Six Street) Gang Raja, Seminyak)

I am starting to get a little nervous with all the seismic activity lately (Though that will never stop me going) as I know the odds of it happening are low and the best thing that we can do for the Balinese people is to carry on as normal and support tourism.

That does not stop the paranoid side of my little brain kicking in though at times lol.

I was wondering, how long would it take to get from where we are staying to what they regard as the yellow safe zone, I looked at the tsunami map and could not understand it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :-)

46 replies to this topic
England
Level Contributor
111 posts
45 reviews
1. Re: How long to get to safe zone

Ask the hotel, not here!

Norfolk UK
Level Contributor
69 posts
72 reviews
2. Re: How long to get to safe zone

Whats wrong with me asking here MattAndSamEngland?

If you do not want to answer that is fine, that is your pejorative, however, other TA members who knows the map might be willing to contribute and help me with my question.

My question was not rude or unreasonable, so i do not quite understand the hostility in your response

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
15,307 posts
95 reviews
3. Re: How long to get to safe zone

Hi,

go upstairs, literally.

Pre social media fuelled paranoia and the belief that there is someone in the world who can predict all seismic activity and the consequences thereof the was already in 2006 "tsunami signs" in the Discovery Hotel showing that people should run upstairs. If a Tsunami is so severe that it will take you out on the Second or third floor then forget it.

You can not outrun a Tsunami.

My friend was at ground zero on the beach in Thailand with her fiance of 2 days when it hit. They found her in a tree. He died.

Mermaid Beach...
Level Contributor
600 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: How long to get to safe zone

Cad someone enlighten me regarding this safe zone. Where is it and how do I get to it?

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
19,718 posts
60 reviews
5. Re: How long to get to safe zone

Tsunami maps are here:

gitews.org/tsunami-kit/en/id_tsunami_evacuat…

Hi Pomaus - to get to the Yellow Zone from your property you're probably looking at 5 minutes running time.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
323 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: How long to get to safe zone

Hi! If staying in either Seminjak or Nusa Dua is the safety zone far away? First visit so I am blind folded on both areas!

Thanks

Norfolk UK
Level Contributor
69 posts
72 reviews
7. Re: How long to get to safe zone

@Happynoodleboy_uk

Thank you so much for your reply it is much appreciated and what I wanted to hear.

I know from what I read that a Tsunami "can" happen within 20-60 minutes of an earthquake over 7.0 Magnitude.

I know Bali has warning sirens, I was just unsure, how long it would take to get from where we are staying, to the so called "safe Zone" should an event occur.

You have put my mind at ease

I really appreciate your reasoned and polite reply :-)

2 posts
8. Re: How long to get to safe zone

Hi,

Is there also a safety zone in Lovina? We are going 13 august, and I think it never hurts to be prepared might something happen.

Thanks

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
6,027 posts
33 reviews
9. Re: How long to get to safe zone

Cheers Noodles

Prepare for the worst & hope for the best is a good Motto but you never know where you are going to be in that time frame after a 7.0 or greater magnitude quake. You make need to keep that map with you :-)

Cheers Mac

Edited: 06 August 2018, 01:55
coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
9,486 posts
60 reviews
10. Re: How long to get to safe zone

Inge, just go to the link in post 5 and there is a map for north Bali. Here

gitews.org/tsunami-kit/…201707-6.jpg

Reply to: How long to get to safe zone