We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bali in 2 weeks. Need advice.

Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Bali in 2 weeks. Need advice.

Hi guys,

I am going to Bali in 2 weeks. I am 28 and gonna be alone. Want to have very relaxing holidays. No need for partying.

I have 8 days and plan to spend 3-4 days in Ubud for yoga and vegan food. The rest of the days I would like to spend at some beautiful beach. I’ve been to Fiji and Maldives but know Bali is not really special for beautiful beaches but I would like to still find the nicest beach possible.

From discussions I thought Nusa Lembongan, Uluwatu, Sanur or Gili Air or Trawangan could be for me. I don’t mind traveling as long as it’s not something really far. My budget is open.

Would you be able to help me with decision or recommend something else?

Many thanks!

8 replies to this topic
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
15,331 posts
95 reviews
1. Re: Bali in 2 weeks. Need advice.

Hi Klara,

no idea where you are from. Nice to know as easier to relate to other questions. Easiest is to update your profile.

Bali beaches are nothing to write home about.

Gilis and Lembongan will include a boat ride.

If you want to fit them in then Ubud - "an island" - "southern resort" is a popular combo.

Most fastboat companies will include some sort of free pickup from Ubud and free dropoff on return.

Kuta/Legian/Seminyak & Sanur often included. Nusa Dua sometimes. Uluwatu not.

Lembongan is the easiest as the boat ride from Sanur is only 30mins or so and lots of companies have 4 services daily each way.

Gilis a bit more involved. You can leave Ubud early and get to Gilis before lunch but expect the return to take a good 4hrs.

Padangbai to Gili T takes 1h15 (you will get free transport from Ubud to Padangbai).

All Gili services are turnaround services so boats going out in the morning become the return service. Also as turnaround services they go around Gili T, Air (sometimes Meno), a compulaory stop on Lombok before returning to Bali hence return trip can be 1hr longer than outbound.

Lots of cheaper companies have numerous services out of Padangbai so the return to Padangbai could be 2h15 then a long free road journey down south.

There are some expensive direct boats from Gili T ot Serangan. This will be 2h30 at sea.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
56 reviews
2. Re: Bali in 2 weeks. Need advice.

Sanur is picking up with regards to vegetarian and vegan food options. Places Like Malaika Secret Moshka, Soul in a Bowl and Warung Kecil have really good food. I'm a meat eater but my daughter is Vegan and we all enjoyed the food at these places. The beaches around Sanur are decent and I have found them to be much cleaner than the Kuta-Seminyak stretch.

Nusa Lembongan is beautiful but the Vegan food options are limited; Bali Eco Deli is my recommendation.

Clear Cafe in Ubud might interest you.

Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
3. Re: Bali in 2 weeks. Need advice.

I live in Australia.

Thanks so much for your quick answer!

I really appreciate it.

Edited: 06 August 2018, 09:08
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
4. Re: Bali in 2 weeks. Need advice.

Guys, so If I was choosing between Uluwatu, Nusa Lembongan and Sanur, which one has nicer beach?

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Seminyak
Level Contributor
5,884 posts
119 reviews
5. Re: Bali in 2 weeks. Need advice.

There are some beautiful beaches at Uluwatu, Padang Padang and Pandawa to name a couple. The beach at Jimbaran Bay is lovely and there are a couple of lovely beachfront resorts. You don't mention when you're travelling but you might like to bear in mind that boats could be disrupted so this might cause delays, and you don't seem to have a great deal of time on your side.

Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Bali in 2 weeks. Need advice.

Hi! I just posted on my blog about things you must do while in Bali! Go check it out:

fancynancista.com/2018/08/6-must-visit-touri…

Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
7. Re: Bali in 2 weeks. Need advice.

Again, thank you for great info!

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: Bali in 2 weeks. Need advice.

The Gili islands have been evacuated due to damage caused by the recent earthquake in Lombok. No power, food water or people there at least for the time being.

Reply to: Bali in 2 weeks. Need advice.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted