We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days in Seminyak or Uluwatu?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
30 reviews
2 days in Seminyak or Uluwatu?

We've got 8 days in Bali this November, having trouble deciding whether to spend our last 2 days in Seminyak or Uluwatu. So far the plan is:

- 3 days Ubud

- 3 days Gili T

- 2 days in Seminyak or Uluwatu

We're mostly into outdoors, nature, and cultural things. Big things on my list to see are the rice terraces, beaches, surf (if conditions are good), snorkelling/diving, temples, Kecak at Ulu. Not usually into shopping/fancy hotels but I'd like to check out markets and the beach clubs at Seminyak to see what its like. I've read that beaches on the west side aren't that nice around November, so I imagine if we stayed in Seminyak it'd mainly be food/drinking/shopping.

Should we stay in Seminyak and day trip to Uluwatu? Or stay in Uluwatu and do an afternoon trip to Seminyak just for shopping and drinks? How hard is it getting between Seminyak and Uluwatu?

3 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
52 posts
1 review
1. Re: 2 days in Seminyak or Uluwatu?

Only you can decide whether to stay in Seminyak or Uluwatu as you will probably find 50% say one place , 50% say the other.

If you do want to have a couple,of days with great food, browsing shops, having some massages etc, stay in Seminyak.

If you want to keep on doing outdoor sport type activities staybat Uluwatu. You might find after 6 days you would like a bit of retail therapy and more of a cosmopolitan atmosphere.

I really like Seminyak and enjoy sitting on the beach at bean bars at sunset

It's not hard getting to and from Uluwatu just don't drive in peak times .

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: 2 days in Seminyak or Uluwatu?

hi..sorry i dont have much inputs. but we have the exact same iteniary in mind for bali in december and i am wonderding if 2 days would suffice in seminyak and is this plan a doable thing with a mix of cultural activties relaxing and exploring bit of beach clubs.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
299 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: 2 days in Seminyak or Uluwatu?

Stay in seminyak (amazing restaurants) and do a day trip to Uluwattu

Both have a beautiful sunset :)

We stayed 2 days in Seminyak and it was good

Restaurant suggestions:

Revolver Cafe (trimasu pancakes)

Sisterfields for breakfast

Warung Nia

Moonlite Anantara

Potato Head Beach Club

Edited: 15 October 2018, 13:14
Reply to: 2 days in Seminyak or Uluwatu?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted