We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with booking flights

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Help with booking flights

Hi all,

I appreciate that this is a very subjective question, and open to many variants and responses. However, all I am trying to do is get a rough idea of what I should be paying. I am travelling in February from the UK, and I dont really mind where we fly via, as we have no intentions on this visit to be stopping over.

I dont want to be booking with any third parties, and always like to book with the major airlines direct, (unless anyone has any good experiences they care to share) The best price I can see at the moment is £620.00 with Qatar Airlines. Are there any seasoned travellers for that time of year, that may be able to guide me. Im pondering if I just book or whether nearer the time as it is out of season the prices may drop a bit.

All information and guidance gratefully received

Regards

Paul

Edited: 05 August 2018, 00:38
6 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Help with booking flights

Have a look at skyscanner and have a look at ya options, I’ve used 3rd party before through them, tbink was travel trolley and had no probs

Suffolk, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Help with booking flights

Thanks for that, and sky scanner is what I am watching. will have a look at travel trolley its not a company I am aware off.

London, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Help with booking flights

In ya searches sky scanner will use them when you look at the prices! I’m goin October and paid around £630 for emirates

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
14,930 posts
88 reviews
4. Re: Help with booking flights

it is subjective. We have mostly booked through Expedia or Opodo.

Important for us is the 1 stop and arrive Bali mid afternoon latest. We used to use Singapore Airlines all the time then their prices spiralled. Then used Thai Aireays as 1 stop in BKK.

This year in May we were back with SingAir as an offer came up in December for €630 arriving midday.

Be very careful with Sky Scanner sourced flights.

My daughter is out in Thailand at the moment (going on to Cambodia). She met up with her friend (from Nottingham) who went to Bali first from London. She booked a flight over Sky Scanner from London to DPS which sourced some odd 3rd party company. The way the ticket was booked they didn't book her baggage through to Bali and she had to pick up her bags in Milan for her connecting flight.

She didn't know until she checked in in London.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Help with booking flights

We are going in April and booked through Garuda. We got our flights for £450 each. We are stopping at Jakarta but it’s a quick stop over

Sydney
Level Contributor
2,424 posts
39 reviews
6. Re: Help with booking flights

I’m assuming this will be the same in the UK but In Aus, Flight Centre will match fares. No need to book through a (possibly) dodgy third party but you still get your cheap fare.

Reply to: Help with booking flights
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted