We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grab vs Go-Jek 2018

Cranford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
66 posts
Grab vs Go-Jek 2018

I’m looking for feedback on which ride sharing service is more prevalent in the Seminyak area. Does one service have more drivers / availability than the others? Any drawbacks or suggestions ?

21 replies to this topic
Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,507 posts
869 reviews
1. Re: Grab vs Go-Jek 2018

No idea for Seminyak or Bali, but I was recently told in Bandung by an ex-Grab driver that Go-jek is better. Go-jek also now includes Go-Blue Bird as an option as the Blue Bird taxi group have realized that their own App cannot match Go-jek's success so they have established a cooperation with Go-jek. Also in Bandung a couple of Grab drivers were recently arrested for sexual harassment.

2. Re: Grab vs Go-Jek 2018

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 04 August 2018, 02:12

Cranford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
66 posts
3. Re: Grab vs Go-Jek 2018

Thank you. Are these apps up front pricing like Uber and Lyft or do you not know what you are charged til the end?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
30 reviews
4. Re: Grab vs Go-Jek 2018

Hi Doug we used Grab a couple of months ago in Malaysia and the price is shown on the app and that's what we paid and found it great with no issues but according to some other threads on here in Bali it appears to be a bit more problematic where a lot of the Grab drivers text or ring you once you have accepted the ride or when they arrive to pick you up and then want to raise the price sometimes to double the agreed fare according to some who have posted on here, so just be aware there is a bit of 'dishonesty' going on with some of the Grab drivers in Bali

Cranford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
66 posts
5. Re: Grab vs Go-Jek 2018

Do you pay direct through the app via credit card or is this just to book and you would settle in cash?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,320 posts
30 reviews
6. Re: Grab vs Go-Jek 2018

We just paid cash at the end of the trip, not sure whether there was a credit card option or it may have been paypal but we selected cash

Perth
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
39 reviews
7. Re: Grab vs Go-Jek 2018

Cash or card with Grab.

I like the cash option, which Uber does not do.

Grab offers bikes to a range of cars.

Car plus is only 5 star rated drivers, worth the extra 5 to 10 per cent fee.

Sanur to Denpasar CBD, for example, 55k.

lewes uk
Level Contributor
10,767 posts
206 reviews
8. Re: Grab vs Go-Jek 2018

Hi,

In Seminyak go-jek is the better app imo. It’s usually a bit cheaper, certainly their bike service is cheaper than Grab bike and there are plenty of drivers. Bikes can be good for short distances and getting through traffic if you’re on your own.

For cars again I think go-jek wins as they offer go-car and go-Bluebird so potentially more drivers and they don’t attract the animosity that Grab has now been tarnished with - yet.

With both apps you have a cash option and the price is quoted upfront.

Cheers

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,507 posts
869 reviews
9. Re: Grab vs Go-Jek 2018

The prices are shown on the Apps before you confirm.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
39 reviews
10. Re: Grab vs Go-Jek 2018

Just caught my first Grab ride.

Lotte Mart Sanur to Jl Tamblingan in Sanur.

First leg to Lotte via Bluebird: 57k

Second leg from Lotte return to villa via Grab: 37k.

Grab picked me up in 1 minute. Newish clean APV.

Paid cash.

Edited: 04 August 2018, 10:05
Reply to: Grab vs Go-Jek 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted