We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi vs Hotel airport shuttle services ?

1 post
Taxi vs Hotel airport shuttle services ?

Hi everyone, I'll be travelling to Bali soon and was wondering about the whole transport situation.

I don't know anything about the usual taxi fees over there and I heard ubers are pretty useless. I was thinking of renting my hotel's airport shuttle service which costs IDR300.000 from the aiport to my hotel, Klapa Resort, the trip is approximately 18km (according to google maps). I was wondering if taking a taxi would be cheaper ?

5 replies to this topic
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5,894 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Taxi vs Hotel airport shuttle services ?

You could get a Driver for 4-5 hours for 300k & Resorts/Hotels normally charge more than a standard Driver.I would imagine a Taxi or Driver would be a far bit cheaper. A bit of research goes a long way

Cheers Mac 😎😎

Bandung, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
5,451 posts
866 reviews
2. Re: Taxi vs Hotel airport shuttle services ?

In general, hotel shuttle services are more expensive than other forms of transport. I think the airport taxis should be charging you around IDR225k or thereabouts. If you go upstairs to arrivals you might be able to get a Blue Bird taxi as it drops someone off, and they will charge probably around IDR120k to IDR150k.

Uber don't exist anymore in Indonesia as they were taken over by Grab. Grab have difficulties at the airport due to confrontations between regular taxi drivers and the Grab stand is no longer at the airport.

A third possibility is to hire a car + driver to pick you up. Hire cars typically charge around IDR300k per vehicle for a half day's touring around Bali and IDR600k for a full 8 - 10 hours touring. So for just an airport pick up and drop off at your hotel will be a lot cheaper, and you can get recommendations from other posters on this site if you request it.

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Seminyak, Bali, Canggu, Kerobokan
Level Contributor
8,626 posts
317 reviews
3. Re: Taxi vs Hotel airport shuttle services ?

Hi Uyen

For simple peace of mind when you first arrive in Bali I would use your hotel's shuttle service. It is easy and at least they know exactly where your resort is located.

Cheers

Perth
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
39 reviews
4. Re: Taxi vs Hotel airport shuttle services ?

Be warned, however, that when you step out into the arrivals hall there will be more than 100 drivers each waiting to pick up their passengers, each holding a small piece of paper with a surname.

Mayhem!

Imagine, passengers looking for their driver, driver looking for passengers - times this by 100 plus.

Personally, I'd walk past the lot catch lift outside to upstairs and hop into a Bluebird taxi that's dropping off passengers.

Also half price!

Edited: 03 August 2018, 18:15
Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
5. Re: Taxi vs Hotel airport shuttle services ?

I nearly always use the hotel shuttle service. Yes it is more expensive but they know where they are going and you don’t need to withdraw Rupiah to pay as payment will be included in your hotel bill. I’ve never had difficulty finding my driver despite the crowd of drivers waving names as you exit the airport. Unless budget is an issue I’d recommend the shuttle- for first time visitors.

Reply to: Taxi vs Hotel airport shuttle services ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted