We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our itinerary, your thoughts please???

Winchester, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
53 reviews
Our itinerary, your thoughts please???

Hi all beautiful knowledgeable Bali people, can you please peruse our itinerary and give us your valuable feedback, many many thanks. On in-between days we will be relaxing!!! I've asked a driver for his suggested tours which will be 4 days (Start with Day 1 etc..)

Land 8th August

Day 1: 10th August from Seminyak

Sanur Big Garden Corner

GWK culture centre

Pandawa beach

Uluwatu for sunset and fire dance

11-13th Gili T

Day 2 : 14th August from Ubud

Tegunungan waterfall

Goa Gajah temple

Tegalalang rice terrace

Terrace river pool swing

Coffee plantation

Tirta empul temple

15th August Breakfast with Orangutangs and Bali Zoo

16th August General pamper day for the wifes birthday, with 100 candle dinner at Samaya in the evening

17th back to Seminyak

Day 3: 18th August From Seminyak

Tukad cepung waterfall

Lempuyang Luhur Temple

Tirta Gangga Temple

Taman Ujung water palace

Bali Asli (lunch)

Virgin beach or blue lagoon

Charlys chocolate factory

Day 4: 21st August from Seminyak

Abandoned hotel

Jatiluwih rice terrace

Batukaru Temple

Ulun Danu Temple

Twin lakes

Botanic gardens

Leave 24th August

What do you reckon? Sound good? Left any must do's out?

Many Thanks Again :)

4 replies to this topic
Perth
Level Contributor
1,590 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Our itinerary, your thoughts please???

Part comment as somewhat too busy for me, especially 10 August, think traffic!

For example, it took me 10 mins to reach outskirts of Sanur from airport a few days ago then 40 mins last few kms.

17th August is Independence Day celebrations so good that you haven't planned activities for this day, again traffic!

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
9,318 posts
60 reviews
2. Re: Our itinerary, your thoughts please???

Why are you going from Ubud back to Seminyak, and then planning trips best done from Ubud? So day 3 and day 4 should be done from Ubud to save time in the car. If you wanted a change from Ubud, then Sanur would have been more sensible.

My only other comment is the trip seems way too hectic on travel days and day 3 & 4 sound absolutely dreadful to me. Not only have you got too much listed, you're going to the most toursitic spots. You'll have time to run in and run out of each place but not stop and enjoy. However if that's your way of travel, then go for it.

australia
Level Contributor
2,274 posts
3. Re: Our itinerary, your thoughts please???

Agree with cbimages; way too hectic and I think you should have a good look at a map as you're a bit all over the place like a mad woman's washing. Have a look at Google maps and 'get directions' and remember travelling in Bali is slow going due to narrow not so good condition roads, lots of traffic and depending sometimes what time of the day you're travelling. And stop and smell the roses. Have fun; great choice for the birthday venue. Enjoy. Cheers.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
39 reviews
4. Re: Our itinerary, your thoughts please???

Totally agree with above. I would personally cut the entire trip in half, spending more time in each place and plan another trip another time. At least you would have experienced something of Bali without running in and out and definitely wouldn’t go back to Seminyak a second time as suggested by cbimages.

I have come to realize that some people do go on holiday to see as much as they can fit in, then go home exhausted, it’s a matter of opinion and whatever suits that person. I on the other hand prefer to relax and take my time.

Have a great trip and understand it’s not always possible to stick to a tight schedule in Bali.

Reply to: Our itinerary, your thoughts please???
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted