We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tulamben/Amed or Sanur based drivers?

Concord, California
Level Contributor
28 posts
12 reviews
Tulamben/Amed or Sanur based drivers?

We will be traveling from Sanur to Tulamben on the 23rd this month and wanted to hire a driver to take us with a few stops along the way. I assume it would be best to hire a driver that is based in the area. Are there any recommendations? I’ve looked at the recommended drivers list but most don’t mention where the driver is based. Or does it not really matter? Only one I’ve actually read who is locally based seems to be Moto.

3 replies to this topic
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
14,918 posts
88 reviews
1. Re: Tulamben/Amed or Sanur based drivers?

Hi Lauren,

We go every year to Amed for diving/snorkeling/chillaxing.

we use www.moyo-tulamben.com for all our Amed/Tulamben related tours and transfer services.

He was recommended to me a few years ago by 'cbimages" when me and Mrs Pigsty went to Tulamben and have used him ever since. Following year me and my daughter went diving in Tulamben and Amed. Again used Moyo to transfer DPS to Tulamben then Tulamben to Amed then Amed to Kuta.

He always picks us up from DPS on landing and transfers us to Amed. Where we need to go after Amed then we use Moyo. e.g. if we need to transfer then to Ubud or Kuta or wherever always Moyo. This year after Amed we transferred to Pemuteran - again Moyo and stopped in Lovina for lunch.

On transfers we don't tend to stop for much. Generally stop at Tirta Gangga as it is on the way to/from 'down south' and Ubud.

Coming form Sanur you could stop at Goa Lawah on the way then Tirta Gangga.

We now just stay in Amed as all the dive centres do 2 dive morning trips to Tulamben. It is only 20mins down the road and save a checkin/out. Also Amed nicer place to stay as regards beachfront/choice of eateries etc.

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
9,106 posts
60 reviews
2. Re: Tulamben/Amed or Sanur based drivers?

Another thumbs up for Moyo and his team. All good drivers, well maintained cars and good prices.

http://www.moyo-tulamben.com/

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: Tulamben/Amed or Sanur based drivers?

Hi Lauren. We use a lovely young driver named Gede, who is based in Sanur. He has a very clean, modern vehicle with good rates. His mobile number is 085237109442 and e-mail address is : made.baragan@yahoo.com

Have a great holiday.

Reply to: Tulamben/Amed or Sanur based drivers?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted