We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Specific itinerary, driver prices. URGENT

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Specific itinerary, driver prices. URGENT

I would like to visit a few places on my way to Amed from Ubud (so not a direct transfer).

Start in Ubud at 8am

- Tegallalang rice terraces

- Gunung Kawi

- Pura Ulun Danau Batur

End in Amed around 3-4pm

My question is: how much should I expect to pay given that this is not a straight transfer? I was expecting only a little more than 600,000idr.

7 replies to this topic
Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
1,188 posts
18 reviews
1. Re: Specific itinerary, driver prices. URGENT

Your price sounds like the norm to pay for this amount of time and should be do-able in your time frame.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: Specific itinerary, driver prices. URGENT

Hi!

Your estimation sounds fair. We were able to get a private driver for a full day (8 hours) for 400,000 idr + 50,000 idr per extra hours. Many travel books recommend tipping your driver about 75,000 idr for a full day. It you add it all up.. It should be close to 600,000idr. Just be ready to bargain with your driver because they often overprice in Ubud!

Enjoy your trip!

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Specific itinerary, driver prices. URGENT

Thanks for your responses. But should they charge extra for the distance involved?

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
15,304 posts
95 reviews
4. Re: Specific itinerary, driver prices. URGENT

Hi Alysha,

it is all about distance and time. DOn't forget the driver has to either come from Amed to firstly pick you up or return to Ubud after he's dropped you off. Have to factor that in.

e.g. we are in Amed every year and always use an Amed/Tulamben based driver for all our Amed related transfers either to or from.

If you do a normal day trip then you arrive back at the start.

Ubud to Amed is generally 2h30 straight drive.

This year after Amed we were in Pemuteran.

We paid IDR750k from Pemuteran to Ubud. This was with a driver from our Pemuteran Hotel. I contacted 2 different drivers in Ubud. One wanted IDR800k and one didn't want the gig.

The straight drive is ~ 4hrs and 120km each way.

5. Re: Specific itinerary, driver prices. URGENT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2018, 16:23

coffs harbour...
Destination Expert
for Tulamben, Lovina Beach
Level Contributor
9,484 posts
60 reviews
6. Re: Specific itinerary, driver prices. URGENT

As your sightseeing is the opposite way, it will add a fair bit of time. Also, which Gunung Kawi. The one at Sebatu is on your route, but the one at Tampaksiring will take significantly longer because of the 300 steps down and up.

As I see it, you've basically got a half day tour from Ubud, will probably come back to have some lunch, then leave for Amed around 1.30 to get you there by 4pm. So a half day tour and a transfer. It would be different of you were doing some sightseeing en route.

I pay 450,000 Ubud-Tulamben (Amed) without stops, so add extra for the first 5-6 hours. 600,000 would be a very good price, and I'd be prepared to pay more than that for the time and distance involved.

Re post 2. It is not at all necessary to tip your driver so much. Only tip for good service, not because some book said you should.

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
39 reviews
7. Re: Specific itinerary, driver prices. URGENT

If you can manage to get a driver from Amed to come to Ubud by 8am to pick you up, that might be a better idea, them you won’t be rushing to allow for your driver to get back to Ubud at a reasonable hour. I would say IDR 650 000 sounds fair, that’s for an early morning pickup, sightseeing on the way and late afternoon delivery in Amed.

Reply to: Specific itinerary, driver prices. URGENT
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted